Status: Comments and subcriptions makes the authors day =]

Vampire Kiss

"Newcomer"

I carried on and on. Just wondering the forest at night. Staring up the glowing stars surrounding the half lit moon. I was pulled in by the night, thinking about nothing and wondering no where. I lay on the ground, still staring at the navy coloured sky. The noises I heard and scents I smelt were beautiful. Shadows fell by every now and then. But it was just animals resting in the darkness. I envied them. If only I could sleep at night. Then again, if I slept at night I would never have seen the beauties of the darkened sky.

I closed my eyes dreaming of what I could be. If this could be a good thing. Of course I wasn’t sleeping. Just imagining. Just dreaming. Dreaming of what I could be. If I could make this work. If I could ever be happy. So many If’s. At the same time, so many questions.

I smelt a different scent. A sweeter scent. Indescribable. I followed the incredible scent, savouring every moment. I saw other flickering shadows in the darkness. This time they were taller. But less noisy. I swiftly walked further towards the sweet scented shadows. Two people appeared from the darkness. Hand in hand.

“Are you a newcomer?”The tall man asked, very politely.

“Umm… a newcomer?" I was confused at the word. I’d never heard of a newcomer before.

“A vampire who has been reborn” I shuddered at the word vampire. I had never heard it aloud before.

“Your vampires?”I blurted out. As a question but also as a shocking statement.

“Yes, you are to. We can tell by the scent.”

“But.. I don’t get it. How does it work. How can I change?”

“My dearest Jade. You cannot change from what you’ve become. You can only make the best of it.” I could tell my face was full of horror. Their faces did not seem surprised, they must have dealt with ‘newcomers’ before.

“I live forever?”

“Yes”
Replied the women. She was beautiful, looked about my age as well. Her skin was pale but her eyes were a pale blue, they looked very thoughtful as she studied my face.

“Theirs no way to change. Then what’s your reason for living, if you have nothing to live for?”

“You get used to this life child. We have each other. I changed my husband when he was twenty so he would have more human experiences. But there are bad kinds out there… so be careful. You can stay with us for a while if you like. We can help you control yourself. Help you enjoy your new life.”

“Thanks, that’s very kind of you. I think I’ve had enough alone time for now. I have to learn to control myself around humans.”

“So have you started yet?”
She asked. What did she mean.

“What do you mean?”

“Have you… killed anyone yet?”
I hesitated as I thought back to Tina’s motionless body lying on the floor, drained of all her blood.

“Yes. Someone I didn’t want to. Someone I loved.”

“Do not worry child. We have all made mistakes”
I don’t understand why she emphasized the word all. Maybe she meant her husband.

“May I come with you then?”

“Of course child. We will take care of you until you want to travel your own path of the afterlife.”
The afterlife? This is still the normal life. Just from a different view.

“The afterlife?”

“Yes. That’s what we vampires call it as we are all starting a new life after our human form was destroyed.”


We walked in silence through the forest. I think they were trying to give me time for me to get this into my head. It was so much to take in. But I understood somehow.
“Excuse me, but where are we going?” I asked politely as possible.

“We are taking you to meet the rest of our family.”

“Your family?”

“Others we have transformed. Others we have helped. The ones that haven’t wanted to leave.”

“What if they don’t like me?”

“Do not worry Jade. Of course they will like you.”

“But how do you know? And how do your know my name?”

“I have a power to know peoples friendships and enemies. Sometimes I can change someone’s opinion towards someone else. As for your name. My husband, Alex, can predict the newcomers. He see’s when a newcomer is born. He knows most things they first think.”

“Oh… Does every vampire have abilities like that?”

“Yes. But do not worry Jade you have plenty of time to discover yours.”

“How did you know…?”
She interrupted me before I could finish.

“Neil whispered to me. He knew you were worrying. I suppose he can tell what your worrying about more than what your thinking."
I was stuck for words. I couldn’t cope with all this.

“Don’t worry Jade. You can cope. Its just how every newcomer feels when they first start their new life.”

“Oh. So… is their anything else I should know about vampires before I meet the others?”

“I’m sure you will figure everything out soon enough.”

His words were wise but his voice was more modern. Whereas the other girls voice was more… old fashioned. More traditional. But still incredibly graceful.

We arrived at a huge modern house type thing. It was built like a house but shaped more like an oval with about four or more floors. I could hear mumbling inside.

“They know your coming Jade. Their all really excited to meet you.”

I straightened up and tried to put a smile on my face. The door opened without me touching the handle.

“Hello Jade!” A bouncy voice welcomed me. She was short with black curls bouncing to her shoulders. She had chalky skin like the rest of us but had a gold-ish tone to her eyes.

“Hi” I said cheerfully as possible.

“Welcome, I’m sure you will like it here Jade.”Said a different voice. A voice that belonged to a guy. A deep voice. I smiled at their friendly welcomes. There was about ten vampires in the house.

“Is this it or are their more to come?”I whispered to Jade.

“No this is it… apart from one.”

I read from her expression that this other vampire didn’t want to meet me.

“I’m intruding aren’t I.” My head drooped, ashamed of barging in like this.

“No no of course your not."

“If I wasn’t the other vampire would be coming to greet me.”

“Really Jade, she’s just… getting over things.”
the short bouncy girl replied.

“What things?” I asked politely trying not to be rude. But I did deserve an explanation.

“Well, Heidi is just a little… frustrated about the hole thing. She likes to keep things the way they are.”

“Oh”
I said a little uncomfortable, I drooped my head to look at the floor.

“Oh Jade! It’s not your fault, she was like this when the rest joined our family too.”I think she only said that to make me feel a little better and it worked too. I lifted my head up to see their pale faces smiling at me. Welcoming me to their own family.

“Sorry but what were your names again?”

“Oh we didn’t say our names! Sorry! I’m April”
- The lively girl said with the bouncy black curls.- “This is Evangeline”- she pointed to the woman who found me in the first place- “Neil”- she pointed again but to the man beside her, her husband that also helped me, then she pointed again to the guy beside her. The one who had welcomed me at the door.- “This is my husband Jamie”- he was very tall, taller than Neil or any of the other vampires. Jamie had looked stunning like the rest of them but he had a purple tint to his silvery eye colour. - “Nadine, Erica, Charlie, Susan, Vanessa, Tyler, Will, Paige, Louis, Carlos and Dillon.” I looked around at all the model-like faces, they didn’t look real. Like beautiful statues placed neatly in a garden centre, I studied their smiling faces, how happy they were. All so beautiful, they looked like a real family, like actual relations. One thing stood out though, their eye colour. All of the colours were different, they changed.

“Jade? Are you ok?” I understood I must have been staring at them, look bewildered.

“Hmm? Oh yes I’m fine thanks, and thank you so much for taking me in. I don’t know what I would have done if I was still all alone.”

“Let me show you too your room”
She curved her arm around my shoulder gently pulling me towards the stairs. I supposed I looked like I was about to faint.

“This is your room Jade. I think we’re going to be best of friends”The room was magnificent, it had an on suite bathroom and another door which I hadn’t opened yet, the walls were a pale blue with paintings hung decoratively, a massive sofa that stretched across the room, a chocolate brown colour with cream patterned cushions. I had everything, like they new I was coming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jade can get very selfconcious.

Comments=Updates x x