My Best Friend's Brother and I

Chapter Thirty Two

Gerard’s POV
Something was definatly wrong with Mikey, I could tell. He wasn’t acting himself, and he was being quieter then usual. I asked him what was wrong, but he claimed that he was tired, but I don’t believe him. He was fine when he was with Valerie, wait, did Valerie break up with him? No, it couldn’t be that. He would have ran home and locked himself in his room. But something is going on, and I will find out what it is. I can’t stand seeing him like this.
As I pulled up outside I remembered about all the goddamn stuffed animals.
“Ok Gee, let us out.” Bob pleaded.
I smiled. “Nah, I think I’ll keep you and the stuffed animals in there for a while.”
“Aww please Gee!” Ray whined.
I just stood there next to the car laughing.
“Guys let me try.” Maddie smirked. “Gee if you don’t let us out right now you don’t get the oober special birthday present I’m going to give to you tomorrow.”
I sighed. “How can I deny a sweet little Maddison?”
“Exactly.” Maddie said proudly.
“Gee don’t get any of them dirty!” Frank piped up from the back seat.
“Ok, ok I won’t!” I agreed.
I shook my head and started to pull out all the stuffed animals, and after a good 5 minutes everyone was out. And as soon as Maddison was out, Mikey grabbed her arm and pulled her inside. What was he doing? I have no idea.


Mikey’s POV
As soon as Gerard got Frank’s stupid stuffed animals off of us, I pulled Maddison inside. I had to tell someone or else I was just going to scream it 15 minutes later when we were all sitting around drinking coffee.

“What is it Mikes?” Maddison asked as I pulled her into the kitchen.
“It’s Valerie.” I said pacing back and fourth.
“What? What happened? Did she dump you or something?” She guessed.
I shook my head. “Well… Uhm, I don’t know how to go any way around it, so I’m just going to say it.” I sighed, and took a deep breath. “She’s pregnant.”
Maddison just stood there for a second with her hand over her mouth.
“Is she sure?” Maddison asked as she sat down in a chair.
I slowly nodded, biting my lip.
“Well what are you guys going to do?” She asked, looking up at me. “I mean, you’re 16!”
“I know I know!” I sat down across from her. Thank god the other guys had decided to play XBOX in the other room, or else this wouldn’t be an easy to hide conversation.
“Are you going to tell Gerard.” Maddie asked.
I sighed. “That’s the one question I wished you wouldn’t ask. But to answer it, I have no idea. I know I have to some time.”
“Why did you tell me instead of him?” She asked curiously.
“I don’t know. I just think you would take it better than I know he would.” I explained sheepishly.
“Oh, I see.” She nodded understandingly. “So is she going to keep the baby?”
“Yeah. She’s very anti-abortion.” I answered.
“Are you willing to be a father?” Damn! She just kept hitting me with these questions that grabbed at my mind and heart! “Well, I don’t want her to get rid of it if that’s what you mean.
She chuckled a bit. “No Mikey, I mean. Are you ready to take care of a baby, a little human being? That means feeding, washing, changing its diaper-“
I cut Maddie off by putting my hand up. “I got the same speech from my mom when I wanted a dog.” I laughed a bit, trying to lighten the mood. “And like I told Valerie, I’ll do what ever it takes to make her and the baby happy.”
Maddie smiled. “I’m here for you Mikey.”
“Thanks.” At least I have someone to help me tell Gerard.


Maddie’s POV
Man, Valerie was pregnant. This is unbelievable. Mikey, 16 year old Mikey, is going to be a dad. And I was going to keep my word; I’ll be here for him, every step of the way. If he needs me to, I’ll baby-sit so he can take a shower, or go to work. Yes I said work. If he is planning on keeping this baby he needs to bring in some kind of money.
“You need a job Mikes.” I blurted.
“What? Why?” He asked.
“You need to bring in some money Mikey. Do you know how much diapers cost? And clothes?” I answered simply.
“Shit, you’re right.” He ran a hand through his hair.
“I’m sorry, I don’t mean to stress you out.” I said sadly.
“No it’s ok. You’re really helping me, I can’t thank you enough.” He smiled.
That’s it I can’t take it anymore! He needs a hug!
I smiled and walked over to him and gave him a huge hug.
“Maddie… can’t… breathe..” He giggled.
“Sorry.” I smiled and let go. “You looked like you really needed it though.”
“Yeah, I kinda did.” He agreed.
“When are you going to tell Gerard?” I asked.
“Well not tomorrow. You guys are going out somewhere right?”
“Yeah, I don’t know where yet. Maybe Gee wants to go some where special.” I shrugged.
Mikey sighed.
“Come on, let’s go see who Bob’s beating.” I smiled and pulled Mikey into the living room to watch the other boys play some XBOX.