Status: I'm taking a break, ya'll! I have another story rolling and...a novel to fix....and.... The end of the semester is coming up! Also, that plot bunny keeps escaping me! Grrrrrr.....bunnies.....

End

Stale

“Let me move on,” I whispered to nobody. I collapsed into the grass and let my head fall back against the side of the house. “I’m tired. I’m tired of waiting. I want to forget. I want to breathe again.”

I was tired of seeing her. I was sick of her.

God, I wanted to throw myself off of a really high building for even thinking it. She was my friend. I would always love her. More than she could…ever possibly know.

But I didn’t want her with me anymore.

She was like the sour air that puffed out of a trunk that had been closed for three hundred years. Old, dusty, musty…stale. She was stuck, unmoving.

It was old, so fucking old.

“Go away. Please. I love you, but, please, leave me alone.”

I don’t want to hurt you.

But I don’t want to remember you, either.

There’s…life…waiting for me. But you’re…death…hanging all around. Death is always around me. Like a thick, heavy curtain of old, dirty water, it’s always around me.

Suffocating. I can’t breathe.

Carrie, I love you.

Carrie, leave me the hell alone.