Status: I'm taking a break, ya'll! I have another story rolling and...a novel to fix....and.... The end of the semester is coming up! Also, that plot bunny keeps escaping me! Grrrrrr.....bunnies.....

End

Love

I was ready.

What did that mean?

When I first returned to the world, I had thought it was just for Tori. I thought it was just the fear of leaving her that called me back. But when I appeared at my own funeral and saw my mother standing there, saw Tristan standing there, I realized that there was more to it.

I had died too early; I wasn’t ready to pass on. There was so much that my young heart was still attached to, and at my death, those strings pulled uncomfortably taut and refused to break.

When I left Tori’s house in search of my family, made amends with my mom, and said my goodbyes, that string was cut.

When I managed to drag Tori to Tristan’s house, helped him get through, learned that it wasn’t just a matter of convenience that had brought us together, and said goodbye, that string was cut.

When I asked Tori to come with me to the crash site, saw the scars in the trees, the glint of metal and glass dust caught in the dirt, I forced myself to accept it. Then, that string was cut.

What strings were left?

Tori.

I watched her struggle through life as a friend by her side. Then, I watched over her and helped her find her way as her guardian angel. Now, she is safe and I know that she will be okay. I love her, and I think that this is the lesson that I was supposed to learn with this birth. How to love without judgment. How to love without reservation.