I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

Skylines And Turnstiles

Image

I'm sorry, I know this is an innapropriate time to be here, but it's what I do.
While it seemed to happen so fast for everyone else, it went slowly for me.
I walked amongst the people, the ruin, the fire and brimestone of hell coming to earth for one particular day.

You're not in this alone, far from it. This whole ordeal will bring us all closer, tightly stitched together like the fabric of a nations flag.
But let me break this awkward silence, as you felt your world come crashing down.

Let's put it on record before I do this, let me be the first to say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the loss of life, the pain it will cause, the sorrow, the vomit, tears, dust, fire, and dissmal gloom overhanging our heads like the destruction marked by the tell tale ground zero plumes.

And hear me out, I would react the same way that have and will. If you were to take me down, would you lay me out, to live my last moments in the dying days sunlight and siren wails?
And if this world needs something better, let's give them one more reason now.

I leave the quiet cafe, as people run pas me to escape this ground bound tumult of wreckage.
I would spread my wings to catch those falling, but it is not my place to save today.

I see how you react to all of this, I know. How will we cope with this?
We will walk in single file, we light our rails and take them home after we punch our time out and carry on like this was a fatal error in the script of life. We ride escalators colder than a cell.

This broken city sky, fragile crystal that should never have been cracked, the heavens fires, like butane on my skin. And stolen from my eyes, the once marvel of humanity.
Hello angel, I'm here for you.

So many of you rail for me, "Tell me, where are you? Tell me where we go from here?!"
Look at the broken city sky, and you tell me. I am an angel yes, but it is not my time or place for salvation, only collecting what souls be lost today, a dreadful task for a dreadful day.
And in this moment, we can't close our lids to this scene, upon burning eyes that refuse to look away, would you if you could?

Memories blanket us with friends we know, family close at hand, anyone would do for this.
This is like fallout vapor,choke on it. Those steel corpses stretch out towards an ending sun, scorched and black.

It reaches in and tears your flesh apart, if dying were this painful, you'd want to live forever.
And as ice cold hands rip into your heart, you pray for him.
And some even curse him.
And if you still got one left, in that cave you call a chest, and after seeing what we saw, can we reclaim our innocence?

You have so many questions I know, so many for this day. But I'm sorry, I can't answer them right now. I have work to do, and it needs to be done.

You tell me where we go from here...