Hit The Lights

One

Jack looked at his girlfriend. The beautiful blonde was sitting at the bar, some strange boy leaning into her face, smiling and stroking the soft golden skin of hers. Jack grunted, and slouched further down. This was something he had grown accustomed too. This was how they worked.

"Jack, you need to do something about it," Rian said, looking over towards Brooke and the stranger.

"This is what we do," Jack sighed and took a sip of his beer, letting the liquid go down his throat, landing into his empty stomach. Seeing her do this made him sick, so sick that he never ate. He preferred it when she just told him, not danced around the fact she was powerful, right in front of him.

"That's fucked up, man," Alex said, laughing slightly. He took a sip of his beer too, and turned to the pretty brunette on his arm. "Don't you think so?"

She smiled, her blue eyes lighting up. "You know what I think, I tell you every time," she whispered and turned to look at Jack. "If it bothers you that much, why don't you both sit down and talk about it?"

Jack thought for a second, letting her words run through his mind. Then he realised, he didn't have an answer. Everything they did was just because they had grown so used to it, it was now a habit.

"It's a habit," he said honestly. The brown-haired girl sighed, and shrugged her shoulders.

"Well maybe it's about time you break that habit?" she asked. Jack laughed, shaking his head.

"It's not as easy as that, Jemma, you know fine what she's like."

Jemma nodded her head and took a sip out of the bottle of Bacardi, "Yeah, I do," she replied and looked at her best friend, shaking her head.

___________

"Every night," Jack shouted, throwing down his pillows and looking at her. Brooke giggled, the alcohol she had consumed running through her blood and causing her to feel so light headed.

"So do you though," she replied in a small childish voice. Jack shook his head and began to undress. Brooke sat on the end of the bed and watched him, tracing the outline of his body with her eyes.

"Brooke, we need to talk tomorrow. Properly," he said and Brooke laughed, throwing her hands in the air.

"Why, Jack? It never goes anywhere, and then we don't come home that night, and end up sleeping with someone!" she screamed. Jack winced at the tone of her voice, not realising how much they both hurt each other.

"Because it's about time we end this stupid behaviour."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so it's short, and it's nothing like the story before. I just had to change it, I have a good plan with this. But it means the story will be short and so will the chapters, more than likely. It's okay though, it leaves space for a wanted sequel.

Let me know if you prefer this one!