Hit The Lights

Three

Brooke waited patiently, the man she knew would come instantly without a warning or even a sign that she might need him, always jumped when she called. She swirled the hot chocolate she had ordered in her cup and went to take a sip, the sweet liquid burning her lips. She pursed them together after wards, wishing she had just waited for it to get cooler.

"Brooke," his voice was soft, almost understanding, but he sounded almost scared. She turned round, her face providing a weak smile for him when their eyes met. He was tall, and dark-haired. His eyes matched his hair, their dark chocolate colour could let any girl get lost in them. And best of all? He was Jack's best friend.

"Alex," Brooke sighed, patting the seat next to her. He sat down in the booth, wrinkling his nose at the smell of the coffee and everything else that was being served.

"You do know it's against any code that us males-"

"I don't care, I just didn't expect it to go this way," she said. Alex bit his lip, unsure how to provide comfort for her in these situations.

"I guess I saw it coming, it was going on for too long," he said and she looked at him, quizzically raising an eyebrow.

"You should have warned me then."

Alex felt taken back, it had nothing to do with him. "Woah, don't go blaming me. If you two weren't so uptight and just acted like a normal couple for once, then none of this would have happened."

Brooke sighed, she knew he was right. She just didn't want to take the blame for this one. "I know," she whispered and Alex bit the inside of his mouth, thinking of how to make things better.

"Look, I can try talking to him, but I doubt that'll help," he said. Brooke looked hopeful for a second. "But you have to promise that you will work together and not go back to your old ways."

Brooke smiled, nodding her head instantly. "I promise."

________________________

"Ugh, just get up and stop being so lazy," Jemma said, she flicked her brown hair back and went to pick up one of the cushions, plumping it up and placing it back down onto the sofa. She had friends coming round for dinner tonight, and didn't want the place looking like a bomb had dropped.

"Jemma, I'm in a state of depression if you haven't noticed," Jack said, grunting and standing up. Jemma laughed sarcastically and shook her head.

"It's your own fault, no-one else's. You two knew what was going to happen if you continued on that way," Jemma replied and Jack shrugged his shoulders, trying not to let her think she was right.

"It was going to happen, yeah, but I didn't expect it to happen this soon," he growled. Jemma narrowed her eyes at him.

"Jack! You split it off! She was probably perfectly fine going on the way things were..." Jemma said. Jack groaned and threw himself back down onto the sofa Jemma had just been finishing tidying. She pursed her lips together, ready to hit him, but was interrupted by the front door opening.

"I'm hooooome!" Alex sang, his voice ringing out through the house.

"I'm glad," Jemma said, smiling and walking towards him. He smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her lightly, welcoming her into his embrace. "Now tell Jack to get to his room, or to stop lounging around," she finished.

Alex laughed, and looked at his best friend. "Come on Jack, let's get a drink, to the kitchen we go!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo... we both know it's quite clearly a filler. I dunno where I'm going with any of these stories, and you can tell... Haha. Oh well, it's an update at least ;)

I'll try and get my head into gear, and make something dramatic happen!