All Alone With Nothing to Hide

Skeletons in the Closet

I woke up in my bed on top of the covers. My limbs were stiff as though I'd been sleeping for ages without moving. Then I heard it. An even breathing next to me. My eyes flicked open in surprise but I didn't see anybody on the bed.

"My mind must be playing tricks on me," I murmured softly, getting ready to turn over and fall back asleep.

" 'Fraid not," the voice came from beside me. On the ground. I bolted upright at the sound of his voice. "I'm real. And I'm here. Please don't step on me," he added, almost as an afterthought. Memories from the last time I was awake flooded through my mind.

"You're going to tell me who's paying you, what the hell you're doing here, and what your name is because referring to you as 'fucker' probably won't please you," I snarled slightly. I was not a morning person, obviously, and especially not to him.

"Well, she's got me here, though she's not paying me. I owe her a lot of favours and this is just me repaying one. I'm here because she asked me to be here, I can't tell you much more than that. And my name is Giles. Giles Alexander," he answered, starting to pick himself up off the floor.

"Usually strange men introduce themselves before entering the bedroom of a strange girl," I told him, my natural crankiness slowly receding as I grew more awake and alert.

"I'm not that strange, Clara. You've seen me before," he answered, albeit somewhat mysteriously. He got up and turned on the light. As soon as the rays touched his face I felt all the blood leave my face.

"You," I breathed, mind whirling, unable to compute.

"Me," he agreed, choosing to lean against the wall and watch me carefully.

"I thought I'd lost you forever. Fabian."
♠ ♠ ♠
So yes, I updated miracle of miracles.

If this didn't make any sense it's probably because you didn't read the re-written previous chapter (which I highly suggest) that was posted fifteen minutes ago.

Comment, rate, subscribe. I'm working on it. I swear. Love you guys, thanks for sticking it out with me.