POP!

Feelings growing

Tami walked with Zac, hand in hand, not saying anything. It was silence, yes, but a comfortable silence. For once in her life, Tami felt a weight lift off her shoulders, and she was...Happy. She smiled; a beautiful smile that only came around once in a while, and leaned closer to Zac. Zac looked down at the short little girl, and he too smiled.

"What?" He asked, grinning with her like idiots.

She shook her head, nothing, and he shrugged it off. Suddenly, a loud RING! RING! filled the air, and they both jumped. Simultaneously, they giggled, and stopped walking.

"Hello?" Tami answered her phone, still smiling.

"Hi, Tami. It's Charlene. Do you mind working tonight? My son's sick, and-" Tami interrupted her.

"No prob', Char. I'll be there asap. Bye." With that, she hung up. She looked up to Zac and frowned slightly. How could she go from hating him...to having a crush on him in only an hour?

"Ump...Zac? I have to go to work...Sorry, but I can't come over..." She mumbled looking at her converse. When she looked up, he had a frown on his face. After a moment, it grew into a toothy grin slowly.

"You know that, that people hate that?" Said the teenager with a cigarette between her fingers. She took out her lighter and lit the cigarette, inhaling the addicting stick.

Zac's grin slowly died down to a grimace as Tami exhaled, blowing the smoke out. She laughed as the wind carried it to Zac's face as he sucked in a breath full of the white puff. He coughed violently, and got out his inhaler, looking relieved as he finished with it.

Tami too, lost her smile, and replaced it with an apologetic one. She mumbled, "I'm sorry...I never knew that you had asthma..." Before he could say anything, she dropped the cigarette on the floor and stomped on it, feeling the heat under her shoe. He smiled at her, then hugged her.

“You would give up smoking for me?” He mumbled in her neck. She laughed in monotone, then slowly got out of the warm embrace.

“Hell, no. I’m just gonna not smoke around you.”

He nodded, then looked up the abandoned road. Grass and two sides of a fence laced the cracked road, with a horse snuffling by. Tami did a double take, then squealed.

“Omigawd. I love horses,” She said, talking like a fashionisha, dragging Zac behind her. She petted the horse, earning a snort from the horse, and a bob of the head. Tami giggled, then looked at her watch.

“Crap,” She groaned. “I have to go to work. Maybe…Maybe you can come with me! Watch me work, too! That is, if you want to…” Zac, smiled like a Cheshire cat, then nodded. If only they knew what they had in store for that night…
♠ ♠ ♠
Kay COMMENT PEOPLE! AND SUSCRIBE!!