Status: Hiatus.

Smiles & Leaves

taking his hope away

He had a thing for mugs, and
she always brought more than one.

She had a thing for bows, and whenever he
got the chance he would make her one.


~

"I'm leaving."

"What?" his head shot up and he stared at her with wide eyes.

"I'm leaving," she replied simply.

"No, please," he shook his head standing up and walking towards her. "Please," he said grabbing her arms. "Please, don't go."

"I'm sorry." Is all she could say.

And he saw that she already had a small, old, brown suitcase by the door. He couldn't believe it. The love of is life, was leaving him.

He stood shocked. Yet, not surprised at the same time, watching her grab her things and open the door.

"Wait!" he called. He desperately wanted to go with her. But he couldn't. He just couldn't leave this place. And she knew that. She knew, and she was still leaving.

She smiled at him, standing at the door. "Just, at least-" he kissed her, hard. Not that she didn't enjoy it. She'd always loved his kisses. Coming home and him always being there to kiss her worries and fears away. And she knew her kisses were the same for him. But there was a fear that her kisses couldn't cure. And so she had to leave. Had to move on. She knew that he, of all people would understand.

He pulled his mouth away from hers, staring down at her, she saw one tear fall. But it was gone as fast as it came, as he quickly brushed it away. "I love you," he said.

"I know," she smiled.

And she left. Just like that, walked right out of his life. And he didn't know what he was going to do. He had never thought that she would leave him. Sure, he joked about it from time to time. That she'd find someone better. Someone that could provide for her better. Someone that could protect her better. Someone that would be better. But he knew that she could never find someone that loved her more than he did.

And so he would wait. Wait for as long as it would take. He knew that she'd come back. Or at least he hoped she would.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know, another one, but I couldn't resist.
It was just in my head, and it was annoying the heck out of me.
I plan on updating something else tonight or tomorrow. :)