Everybody's Singing Like They're Crazy In Love

Chapter One

Holly’s P.O.V
It was 12:00pm as we boarded off the plane; we were met with the warm summer breeze of Lutherville Maryland. We headed over and collected our bags and made our way to the Taxi bay. There was a Taxi waiting as we walked out, so we climbed in and Dad told him the directions as he drove out of the Airport.
Mum and Dad had decided to come over to America for the summer, just for something to do with all the spare time they had at the moment, and it was probably the last summer I'll spend with them before I attend University. I was also going to be starting school over here as well, and by the time we go back to Australia I’ll start University. I was currently in the middle of year 12; I was studying journalism. I don’t mind it but I just want the year to be over.
Once the Taxi had arrived at our new house Dad handed over the money and we took our luggage and went inside. We had our furniture delivered a couple of weeks early, which was a good idea because all I want to do now is go to bed.
It was a one story house with a paved front yard and the little garden to the side. The garden was simple and neat, I really liked it. The inside of the house was massive and it had that welcome home fill to it. My room was the size of an average Australian lounge room, with the walk in robe and ensuite to the side.
I put my bags down in the corner and flopped onto my king size bed. I got under the covers and fell straight to sleep.

I woke up around three and decided to check out the town. I thought that I better get to know the place if I’m going to be living here for a while. I walked along the sidewalk, passing street by street remembering a few names so that I wouldn’t get lost. Once I reached the end of the road I turned left and walked down the main street, it was a very lovely town.
I noticed a little café on the corner and decided to go check it out. I quickly crossed the road and walked in. I took a seat at back of the café and looked out onto the road; a boy around my age came over to the table.
“Hey, what can I get you?” He asked.
“I’ll just have a chocolate milkshake thanks,” I replied.
“Okay, won’t be long.” He replied as he walked off and gave my order to whoever could make it. I grabbed my pen and paper out and started writing down things about my trip so far. Soon after I had started writing the boy came back over with my milkshake.
“I haven’t seen you around before, and you definitely don’t sound American, where are you from?” He asked.
“Well, I actually flew in this morning, I’m from Australia. Mum, Dad and I are here for the summer. They wanted a break and I’ve always wanted to come here, so it was a sort of finish year 12 present I guess.” I explained.
“Mind if I take a seat?” He asked.
“No, not at all, I was actually hoping someone would befriend me because I have no idea where anything is and my car doesn’t come for a couple of days, so I’m stuck on foot for awhile.” I replied. He took a seat across from me and sat down.
“Well I’m Alex, Alex Gaskarth,” He replied extending his hand.
“Well I’m Holly, Holly Bedford,” I replied as I shook his hand.
We got talking and it turned out that I’m going to be going to the same school as him so he gave me his number and told me to ring him and he’d organise my school stuff with me, and he said that he’d even give me a lift to school until I got my car, which was great.
“Well, I better be off, I don’t want to get lost on my way home,” I said as I got up from the table collecting my book and bag.
“It was definitely nice to meet you,” He said.
“Same here thanks for the milkshake.” I said smiling as I exited the café and crossed the road again.
I walked up the front driveway and walked into our house, noticing mum and dad at the table reading the paper.
“Hey mum and dad,” I greeted as I sat down next to them.
“Hey,” They replied.
“Did you find anything interesting about the town?” Dad asked.
“I found a nice café and they’re really nice in there,” I replied.
“That’s great, did you meet anyone?” Mum asked as if she could read my mind.
“I met a boy named Alex; I’m going to be at the same school as him. He said that he could give me a ride to school until I get my car,” I told them.
“That’s great; it’s nice to hear that you’re meeting people already.” Dad said.

I grabbed my bag off the ground and walked into my room. I decided to unpack my boxes; I pulled out all my clothes, books, bags, shoes, make-up and all my other junk and found a place for it all. I set up my Guitar and I moved my piano in the corner of my room, and I placed my computer onto my desk. I logged onto my work site and posted my new article that I had been writing about cyber bullying. After I had put everything in to its place and I was happy with the way my room looked I decided to sign into twitter and see what everyone was up to. I updated, letting everyone know I had settled in well in my new house and was looking forward to the months ahead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image Holly's House
Image Holly's Bedrooom (Ignore the veiw from her window, it's not a two story house and she doesn't live near the beach)

Comments are greatly appreciated.