Everybody's Singing Like They're Crazy In Love

Chapter 11

I woke up around 10am and found Alex still asleep, he looked so cute with his head half under the donah cover his hair all over his face. I moved over to him and met my lips with his, seeing if he would wake up to that.

“Well that was a nice way to wake up” He said as his eyes came face to face with mine.
“Sorry I didn’t mean to wake you, you just look so cute I couldn’t help myself.” I smiled as I kissed him on the lips again, this time though Alex grabbed me and pulled me on top of him as his hands went around my waist and mine went into his hair. He licked the bottom of my lip as I parted my lips only to have his tongue fight with mine. Giving up he smirked into the kiss as his tongue roamed my mouth. We both pulled apart to breath as he pecked my lips again and again.

“This is possibly the best start to any day” He replied as he smiled at me.
I rolled off of him and laid back down on the bed as I smiled at him too, I liked this boy a hell of a lot.

We both heard a knock on my bedroom door and looked at each other.
“Yes” I called out.

“Holly can I come in, I know Alex is there I just want to ask you something?” She said.
“Yeah come in” I said as I pulled the donah back up over both of us.
“I was just wondering what your plans we for today, because I have to go out and meet the lawyers” She said as I cut her off.

“Did you want me to come with you? Will dad be there?” I asked.
“Yes he will be there, you don’t have to come it won’t be any fun. I just have to sign papers and we just have to set up a trust fund for you and then I’ll probably go back to Austr…”
“I’ll come its okay, Alex and I were just going to hang here anyway” I replied making sure that she didn’t finish that sentence.

“Yeah, that’s fine by me if you need to sort things out go right a head I’ll just go hand out with Jack and Katie and see what’s happening with our show on Friday” Alex said.
“Okay, thank you so much for understanding guys. Sorry if you did have something planned, I’ll leave you two to get ready then” She said as she walked out.
“I’m so sorry” I replied as mum shut the door.

“It’s okay Holly. I don’t mind you need to sort things out with your dad and it’s probably better that you’re there with your mum while she goes through this” He said.
“Thank you so much. You’re amazing” I replied smiling as I kissed him on the lips.
“Not as amazing as you” He replied smiling.

I got out of bed and went to my walk in robe to find my clothes that I wanted. I wanted to make a good impression on dad, for some reason if I showed him that we didn’t need him then maybe it’d be easier. Then maybe mum and I could move on completely and we wouldn’t have to worry about him anymore. I couldn’t believe that mum mentioned going back to Australia in front of Alex. I still hadn’t mentioned it. I still didn’t know whether I wanted to go back or not and whether or not to take Alex with me. He couldn’t come anyway he has his band and his family. It would be better for him to stay here. And I would just have to learn to live without him.

I couldn’t imagine doing that though. I was falling for this boy.
I chose my clothes, deciding on my black high waist skirt and my cream lace shirt and walked into the bathroom to get changed. Alex was sill lying on my bed, watching television which was comforting. I didn’t’ want him to leave yet. I can imagine the conversation in the car on the way there. Mum will want to talk about going back to Australia and she’ll probably ask how serious Alex and I are and then she’ll decide for me. Which will inevitably mean be going back to Australia, with no Alex.
I really had to talk to him.

I stripped off and jumped into the shower quickly, I had so much on my mind that I was out of the shower before I had nothing to think about. It was all just starting to come together and this had to come between us and make me think about it yet again.
I got dressed straightened my hair and put it into a pony-tail and did my make-up. My make-up included foundation and eyeliner, it was simple but it looked good. I came out of the bathroom, to find Alex sitting in my bed with 4 pieces of toast.
“You look so beautiful” He said as he offered me a piece of toast.
“Thank you” I replied as I blushed and took a piece of toast.
I grabbed my iPhone and put it into my bag with a whole lot of other crap that I would need for this busy day a head.

“Are you ready Holly?” Mum yelled from the kitchen.
“Yes we’ll be down soon” I replied as I grabbed Alex’s hand and led him downstairs.
“Thanks for the toast Mrs. Bedford, it was lovely” Alex said as we came into the kitchen.
“My pleasure Alex, nice to have you over” Mum said
I led him to the door and walked him over to his house and said my goodbye
“You didn’t want me to come with you?” He asked “Just for support?” He said.
Truth be told, I’d love him to be there for me, but it was something that mum and I had to sort through.

“No, it’s fine, I’ll text you if I’m losing it and I’ll call you as soon as we’re finished. It shouldn’t go for to long. Then you can come over again if you’d like” I replied as I kissed him on the lips as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Sounds like a plan” He said as he smiled down at me and wrapped his arms around me as I did the same.

“I’ll see you soon” I said as I pecked him on the lips and walked back to my house just as mum was coming out the door.

We both got into the car, and mum drove out of the drive way and towards town to wherever we needed to be.
“You haven’t told Alex that you might go back to Australia have you?” She asked.
“No” I replied
“Holly, you need to, we’re not staying here after all of this is over” She replied.
“So what I want doesn’t matter?” I asked.
“You’re 17 you don’t know what you want” She replied.

“Don’t use that line on me mum, you know exactly what I’ve wanted to do with my life since I was 10 and now that I’m older you want to make the decisions for me.” I said

“What so you and Alex are serious, you’re going to stay together forever?” She asked.
“I don’t know, maybe I certainly know that I couldn’t bear to leave him right now, or in the near future” I replied.

“Well what do you want to go about it, you can’t stay here by yourself and don’t for a minute think that you’re staying with Alex. It was bad enough that you didn’t tell me that he was staying over last night” She said.

“What does that have to do with me going back to Australia? I like Alex a lot. What does it matter that we’re in the same house, bedroom or whatever.”

“I’m just saying that you’re young and you need to be more careful maybe” Mum said.
“Are you serious? More careful, I’m not as stupid as you think mum, and I certainly don’t need you to tell me when I am or aren’t ready to do that stuff. When Alex and I are ready and have talked about it that’ll happen. But that has nothing to do with the fact that you want me to come back to Australia with you and leave everyone I’ve met here. That’s not fair at all”

“If you think you can stay here by yourself why haven’t you spoken to Alex about it?”
“I don’t know, maybe because it hasn’t come up in conversation and I’d rather get on and create a new life here then go back to Australia to tell everyone it was all a big scam and dad cheated on my mother for a younger version of her.”

“Holly! Don’t talk about your father like that!” She shrieked.

“Like what! He left us mum, he’s gone and he isn’t coming back for us, you or me. Do you not get that, he doesn’t want either of us and you can’t make that happen no matter how hard you try.” I yelled.

The car fell silent as we realised we’d made our way here and were still fighting.
“I can’t go in there if he’s going to be there, knowing that if he wanted you back you’d say yes.” I replied.
“So whatever happens in there doesn’t matter to you” She said.

“Of course it does, but if you’re going to go in there and tell him that you love him and let him control you, what’s the point. Why not just divorce him and let the financial people sort it out, rather than try and convince him that you’re the one for him mum. This is so stupid.”
“I’m not going in there because I want him back; I need to talk to him. I need to know a few things.” She replied.

“What that he doesn’t love you anymore, that he found someone better, that you’re not good enough for him, the answer to all of them is yes.” I said as I got out of the car and walked off.

I couldn’t believe that I was that rude to my mum. I mean she was pissing me off but, the only reason she came here was to get questions answered questions that were only going to break her even more, and I was the one that was going to have to pick her up again. I didn’t understand anything and I was losing myself in the process. It was all just a bit too confusing.

“Holly” I heard someone say as I turned around.
“Dad?” I asked.
“How are you?” He asked, not him too. Why don’t we all go play happy families while we sort out, why he left my mother?

“I’m great, my parents are getting divorced because my own father wanted someone better, mum just basically made up her mind that we’re going back to Australia whether I like it or not and I have a boyfriend who is the sweetest boy ever who doesn’t know anything, and I can’t bring myself to tell him. Oh and you all of a sudden want to talk to me.
“Holly, I’m sorry”

“Sorry!” I shrieked. “How could you be sorry, when you got what you wanted, aren’t you happy that you ruined our summer. That was supposed to be about our family, great work. You led us to believe that we were all going to sort out everything and yet the only thing you did was make it worse and I’ll never ever forgive you for it.

“It wasn’t like that at all” He replied.

“Than what was it like? Did you all of a sudden feel the need for someone else? Mum wasn’t good enough for you? I wasn’t enough for you to stop thinking about yourself? But no it wasn’t like that at all was it. It was you being disgusting and wanting someone else because you were sick of us, you couldn’t tell us that though could you. You had to go behind our backs and meet someone then break it off because you didn’t want to lead us on to anything else. Why didn’t you leave us in Australia and fly over here by yourself. Or better yet why didn’t you stop and think about the effect that this would have on all of us, not just how happy you’d be after you left us and got with your new toy. If I have anything else to say to you it would be that you disgust me and I hope you go to hell.” I said as I walked off yet again and didn’t look back.
I had to get back home, and talk to Alex I had to tell him everything and I hope that he understands.
Otherwise I’m screwed.

“Hello” Alex said as he answered his phone.
“Can you come pick me up; I’ve screwed things up so badly. I really need to talk to you about us. I’m so sorry” I said

“Hey, don’t cry. I’ll be there right away just stay put and I’ll find you” He replied.
“Thanks” I replied as I hung up.

Alex arrived in 15 minutes and I got into the car straight away.
“Hey, what’s wrong? Don’t cry” He said as he pulled me into his arms.

“Can you please just drive somewhere, I don’t want to go home” I said
“Sure, anything for you, did you want to tell me what went wrong?” He asked in the kindest way ever.
“Well when you’ve found somewhere to park, I’ll tell you everything” I replied as we drove down the road towards the beach and parked in one of the car parks and watched the waves come in.
“Spill” He said as he took off his belt and faced me.
“Well you know all about my dad right?”
“Yeah”

“Well because there’s no reason for mum to stay here, she wants to go back to Australia and she’s convinced that there’s no reason for me to stay here. I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you sooner” I explained as the tears rolled down my cheeks.
“Well, what did you say to her?” Alex asked.

“I told her that I didn’t want to leave you, and that I hope that what we have is going somewhere and she just told me that I’m too young to make that sort of decision and that I’d have nowhere to stay anyway because she would sell the house and she wouldn’t allow me to stay with you. I’m so sorry” I said.

“You have nothing to apologise, I just wish that your mum would understand you. I don’t want you to leave either, you have to promise me that we’ll fight this and who cares what she says, mum will let you stay with us, we have a spare room and she knows how much you mean to me” He replied as he wiped the tears away with his thumb and pecked me on the lips.

“Thank you, I don’t deserve you, you’re too good to me” I replied as I cracked a smile at him.
“It’s what I’m here for, is there anything else” He asked.
“Yeah, I saw my dad and I told him everything that I felt, including the part about me wanting him to go to hell” I replied.

“Holly, are you serious?”
“Yes, I know I wasn’t thinking I was so mad at mum and I couldn’t’ concentrate and he’s the one that is making mum move back to Australia and once I’d said it I just ran away and called you” I explained.

“Let’s spend the night in a hotel and we can just lie in bed and cuddle up to each other” Alex suggested.

“That sounds good” I replied as I kissed him on the lips and watched the water as we drove away to find somewhere to stay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I've been sitting on this for a couple of weeks now. But I like it.
More drama in the next one :)