Everybody's Singing Like They're Crazy In Love

Chapter 18

You never realise how fast a week is until your sitting at the airport waiting to hear your flight home. Nan and Pa were stoked to hear about Alex’s little promise to me and was glad that it didn’t end up in another hysterical moment. We had just said goodbye to Nan and pa and were on our way to get a coffee and board the plan. We walked around to find a Starbucks and sat down to have it. I wasn’t really dreading going back to school, I just liked having time off. I knew that when we got back to school it will be different I just hope a particular person isn’t there and I’ll be happy. But considering she has to graduate to get out of high school I’m not liking my chances of her not being there, and I think Alex picked up on my anxious attitude towards going home.
Our plane number was cared and we grabbed the paper we were reading and headed towards the door and got our tickets out. I passed both tickets to the lady and she let us board our plane. I sat next to the window and got comfortable for a long ride home. I heard the engine start as Alex grabbed my hand knowing that I didn’t like the take off and settled into my seat. I closed my eyes and squeezed Alex’s hand as the plane lifted into the sky.
“You know if you squeeze my hand any harder it might actually fall off” He said as I kept his hand in mine until we were safely in the air.
“Haha very funny” I said as I lent into his chest as we wrapped his arm around me. I closed my eyes and it wasn’t long until I fell asleep.
Alex woke me about 4 hours later and we still had at least 20 hours to go, I was well awake and decided to watch a movie. I decided on Mean girls and Alex was egger to watch it with me too.
*******************
We had just arrived back in Maryland and Mum came to pick us up and take us home, of course Nan had been on the phone while we were in the air and told mum about Alex’s ring and the first thing that came out of her mouth was I hope it’s because you’re not pregnant. We both laughed and told her the whole story and how Alex is actually a real softy at heart. She was pleased that he had gone to so much effort.
We drove home and were able to fall into bed and have a bit of a sleep as we were a bit jet lagged, and I wasn’t feeling too well.

Once we were both up and ready we had something to eat and rang the other guys to see what they were up to. Apparently while we were gone, Rian and Katie had finally gotten together and they all said that they would meet us at the café in half an hour. I decided to have a shower and get changed as I was still half a sleep. I pulled on my black ripped skinny jeans and my singlet top with my grey Hurley jumper; I grabbed my purple flats from my cupboard and slipped them on my feet.
Alex was waiting for me on my bed as I grabbed my hair dryer and straightener and plugged them into the outlet next to my desk with my mirror.
“Why do you go to so much effort, you look beautiful just the way you are” Alex said as I started to apply my make-up.
“I don’t know, I like to know that I look good” I replied
“But no one really cares whether your wearing make-up or not” He said.
“But I do, and I like to where it, I think I look better with make up than without” I replied.
“I don’t, I think you look beautiful just the way you are,”
“But that’s because you’re my boyfriend, of course you think I’m beautiful” I said as my stomach did a flip. I didn’t know why I had been feeling so sick lately. Ever since we got off that plane my stomach hasn’t stopped. I hadn’t thought anything of it really until now.
“I don’t say it just because you’re my girlfriend. It’s the truth.” He replied sweetly as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and smiled into the mirror.
“Well we’re going to have to agree to disagree my love” I said as I kissed his arm and turned to face him.
“Are you ready to go?” I asked.
“Sure am” He replied as I laced my fingers with him and walked out of the house and to his car.
We both got in as Alex started the car and we made our way towards the café. I still wasn’t feeling well and wasn’t going to have anything anyway. I just wanted to go and see everyone and tell them all abou our trip to Australia. I really didn’t know why I felt this way, my stomach just wouldn’t stop hurling.
“Alex, stop the car!” I said as I grabbed my stomach.
He pulled over almost instantaneously when he saw my face. I opened my door and let the contents of my stomach come up well, what was left of it anyway. Alex unbuckled his seatbelt and came around to the other side of the car.
“I didn’t think you looked too well this morning” He whispered as he bent down and gathered my hair and placed it at the back of my neck. He gently kissed my cheek and I let out a small smile turning my gaze towards him.
“Are you sure you want to go to the café?” He asked genuinely concerned.
“Yes I do, I just won’t eat or drink anything, like have been for the past 24 hours, which hasn’t really seemed to help” I complained.
“Well if you want to go home early just let me know and I’ll take you” He replied as he pecked my lips and smiled at me. He got up from where he was bent down and lightly closed the door, walking back around to the driver’s side. He slowly returned on to the road and headed in the direction of town, we were officially running extremely late.
Once everyone had arrived we all ordered except me, telling everyone I had had some stomach bug this morning and didn’t want to push my luck. Alex gave me a sympathetic smile and placed his hand on my thigh lightly squeezing it. I smiled back intertwining our fingers together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry, it's taken for ever even begin this chapter. I didn't know whether I wanted to do this or not.
But here it is, hopefully I can get another chapter out by next week.
But I would really like some feedback, even if it's simply. 'Update' or 'Loving this story', I just want something to keep me going. Otherwise I'm just going to write it for myself and not bother posting it on here.
I have 16 subscribers. I don't even get 4 comments per chapter. That's a quarter of you.
And if you don't like it, I don't even know. Cause you're not telling me anything.
Sorry to sound like a bitch but I really want someone to like my story.
#endrant.
Anyway,
lots of love.
xx