Your Voice.

Chapter One of One.

You don’t have to remind me twice, Quentin. I know you’re mad at me. I can see it in your lifeless eyes. Don’t turn from me. I wasn’t the one who made the decision. You were driving remember? Don’t tell me it’s my fault. You were the driver so it’s your responsibility to know that the road should be your focus. I understand that we shouldn’t have fought.

It was stupid I agree but look at the damage it caused. You know how much I had to pay the guy to fix that lump of metal you call a ‘car’. It’s ancient! Quentin, you know I’m right. Oh, you think I’m being conceited now? Well am I the only one that remembers what you said in the car, that you could drive with your eyes closed? Don’t interrupt me, you know as well as I do that you proved yourself wrong.

Don’t whine you’ll give me a headache. A headache is not what I want to add to the list of things that are already causing my life stress. What? You have a headache. God you complain a lot. That’s probably what started this mess; you and your bloody knack to complain about everything.

I bet if I said the sky was blue, you’d probably complain and say you see a hint of grey. Quentin! You’re doing it now, complaining about the fact that you can’t face the fact that you complain. What did you say, you’re bloody mumbling? Don’t give me the cold shoulder, I demand to know. Oh, you’re calling me a bitch. Well you’re a bastard.

Yes you are and you know it. What did you say? Oh… that’s cruel. It’s not the ‘bloody truth’. Ask Mel, she’ll tell you different- she’s not ‘just being my friend’. You lie! Don’t say that about my friends! You’re fucking heartless you know that? Yeah you are. Leave me alone!

Why are you being so cruel? Because I deserve it? I wish you hadn’t said that. You’re glad you did? God you’ve changed. I didn’t know you delighted in telling me rude remarks like I should deserve not to have friends. I… I’m speechless. Why should I look up to someone like you? You’re probably not worth my time. No, you fuck off! I’m sorry but I can play cold and heartless too! Why not do the world a favour and go die!

Oh wait I forgot you already did. And I miss you everyday. I wish we hadn’t fought and you hadn’t missed the turn and tumbled over the side of the mountain. I still wish you hadn’t of retaliated when I said you were driving slowly. You were being cautious, something I overlooked.

All I have are memories that are creating arguments. I’d just like to hear your voice again, and not in my head, while I’m hooked up to a respirator and my body is covered in white bandages. I just want to hear your voice. Just your voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
Con crit appreciated.

Thanks Sarah for beta-ing.