Sharpies are Best in Moderation

Pure Evil

I wandered into the backstage area, eyeliner in hand. I hated wearing this shit, but Gerard got pissed when I didn't. I sighed and leaned towards the mirror, starting to put it on, until I saw Gerard lying on the couch from the mirror. He looked like he was fast asleep. I smiled subconsciously - though it wasn't one of those 'aww, that's cute' kind of smiles, it was one of those 'what kind of shit can I pull now?' kind of smiles. My mind instantly started working up a scheme, and I hurriedly finished putting on the eyeliner so I had time to do my plan before the guys came in.

After scrapping the first idea, I went scouting around backstage for anything I could use to torment our front man. Hair gel? No...scissors? Maybe...sharpies? Fuck yes.

I looked him over carefully, trying to decide what exactly I could get away with in his current state. I decided writing on his forehead was my best bet; but what to write?

A bang from the hallway. Shit, someone's coming. I hurriedly shoved the sharpie in my pocket, and tried looking casual by leaning against the wall. Ray wandered in, guitar case in hand. When he looked up at me, then at Gerard, his eyes immediately went back to me. "What are you planning and can I help?" were the first words out of his mouth. I smiled ear-to-ear; I'm glad I have friends that are equally evil to myself.

Giggling. Giggles. Lots, and lots of them. I reached over, and carefully swept some of Gerard's hair out of the way. I quietly tugged the cap off of the sharpie, trying to steady my hand. It was shaking somewhat with how much I was trying to contain my laughter. Ray stood hunched beside me, also giggling insanely. This would be good...

We both suddenly felt very watched, and found out why when we heard someone clear their throat. We both snapped around to see Mikey in the doorway with his bass case. "Anything I can do to help?"

Mikey was assigned to mirror-watch. And I forced Ray to help. After I finished writing, I put the sharpie back where I found it and prodded Gerard awake. "We're on in fifteen." I muttered to him, trying my best not to crack a smile. "Mm? Oh, yeah..." he mumbled before pushing himself into a sitting position. He rubbed at his eyes, then sniffed. "Ick, someone was playing with sharpies..." he said quietly, pulling a face. Mikey covered a giggle with a cough.

I just smiled, silently wondering what the front row would think when they saw the flowers, hearts, smiley faces, and - especially - the 'I suck dick' written across his forehead. It would be utterly priceless.

"Shit...did I put on my makeup already?" Gerard asked no one in particular before standing, and trying to get to the mirror. Mikey and Ray not-so-casually slid together, effectively hiding the mirror but being entirely too obvious about it. Gerard raised an eyebrow, then grabbed Mikey's shoulder to push him aside. "Y-you already put it on." Mikey assured him without budging.
"Yeah. Looks great." Ray added. I nearly smacked a hand to my forehead; I regretted letting them in on my plan now.
"What's going on here?" Gerard said finally, hands now planted on his hips. He looked rather a lot like an irritated mother, asking her children what their latest mischief had been.

Sadly, Mikey saw this too, and burst out laughing. Of course, he doubled over, exposing the mirror for Gerard to see. Gerard shoved Ray and Mikey away, who had already collapsed into fits of giggles, and examined himself with a horrified expression.

"Hey, guys? Has anyone seen my black sharpi-" Frank couldn't have walked in at a worse time. The second he saw Gerard's face, he dropped the set of sharpies he'd been holding and burst out laughing. Gerard's expression changed from horrified to murderous. He leapt over the couch at Frank and tackled him to the ground.
"YOU DID THIS?!" he yelled. Frank was, however, giggling much too much to answer. Gerard pulled himself to his feet, casting us all dangerous looks.
"WHO DID THIS!" he demanded. Faster than I could think to blame someone else, everyone's finger was pointed at me. I smiled sheepishly before taking off in the other direction. It didn't take too long until I heard footsteps pursuing me.

--------

"So...some of you may have noticed my...ah...'extra makeup'. Well you can all thank Mr. Bryar for it; he decided it'd be a good idea to play with sharpies before the show. But, I think he knows now not to mess with me..." Gerard looked back at me with a wicked smile on his face. The crowd was roaring with laughter, and I'd joined in.

I thought the drawn-on sunglasses were a rather nice touch.

___________________________________________________________________________

I needed a good bit of fun. XD Hope you enjoyed. :]

...am I the only one who could see Bob with sunglasses drawn on his face? XD