36 Matt Sanders

Like A Movie

Matt: I thought the pee sticks told you, you were pregnant.

Melly: they did but this is official I guess. Doctor visits are going to be a regular thing.

He nodded and looked at all the other people in the waiting room.

Melly: it smells in here.

Matt: and there's lots of babies in here. Are you scared?

Melly: not yet.

A nurse called my name and we followed her to a room.

Nurse: go ahead and take your pants off and undies. Doctor Adams will be right in. There's a gown for you.

She handed me the ugly blue gown and I cringed a bit. I started on my pants. Matt looked away. Not in an obvious way. I still noticed.

Melly: this is not cool. Really breezy.

He smiled. I took a seat on the bed and waited.

Melly: I'm done.

He came and stood closer to me. A older man came walking in. He gave us a warm smile.

Dr: hello I'm Doctor Adams.

We shook hands.

Matt: nice to meet you sir. I'm Matt.

Melly: I'm Melly.

Matt is so polite.

Dr: so we're going to see if there's a bun in the oven?

He smiled. I nodded.

Melly: I took a bunch of those home pregnancy tests and well.

Dr: just wanted to be sure.

Melly: yes.

I looked at Matt. He gave me an awkward smile. I knew he didn't want to be here. Its all over his face.

Dr: well if you could please put your feet in the stir ups and we'll take a peek.

Matt made a face as I did as told. When the Doctor pulled out the dildo wand as I call it, his eyes went wide. What the fuck all over his face.

Dr: this might feel a bit cold and uncomfortable.

I nodded. My hand went to his arm as a way to say its ok. My brows furrowed as it went in.

Matt: oh. This is...

Melly: its alright.

I held his arm.

Dr: shh...listen.

My heart skipped.

Dr: there's the heart beat.

Matt: holy shit.

Dr: amazing isn't it?

I just nodded and stared at the monitor.

Dr: you're definitely pregnant. I'd say about six weeks.

It was amazing. Crazy amazing. Something happened when I heard that heart beat. I looked at Matt. He was holding his breath.

Dr: congratulations.

He smiled and walked out.

Matt: holy shit.

Melly: you said that.

Matt: this is holy shit.

I sat up and reached for my pants. I felt as though he was regretting his choice. The sudden mood change he had. I took a deep breath and looked at him.

Melly: are you going to breath?

Matt: what? Right. Breath.

The doctor prescribed some things and we were on our way. Me and Matt walked down a little strip.

Matt: that was-

Melly: scary?

Matt: no, yes but no. More like perspective.

I looked at the floor. His arm wrapped around my shoulders and pulled me to him.

Matt: don't think I'm not in this.

Melly: its so intense.

Matt: yes it is. Just don't think I'm not in this Melly. I do care for you.

We stopped. My eyes met his.

Matt: a lot.

He smiled sheepishly. His thumb ran down my cheek.

Matt: I wanted to do the whole dating thing before we got to this point but...

I couldn't help but laugh a little.

Melly: shit happens?

He smiled and shook his head.

Matt: life is a wild ride.

Melly: ok Matt.

Matt: I did want to ask you out. I tried to tell you the other day. When you told me. I was going to make my Dr. Hottie moves.

Melly: dork.

Matt: instead we get a baby before the whole dating.

Melly: we've got thirty six weeks to date.

Matt: thirty. Six weeks I've bullshitted around asking you.

Melly: we're six weeks into it. Think of it that way.

Matt: thirty six weeks?

Melly: thirty six weeks.

Matt: six for me to get petty group dates out of the way. To get to know you enough.

Melly: exactly. Its still a part of the process of dating. So there's no rush.

Matt: thirty six weeks.

I nodded.

Matt: can I try something then? Since we're six weeks into it and all.

I perked a brow. The smile this man has. Adorable.

Melly: what?

Matt: I either can or can't.

Melly: sure...

He grinned a bit. One of his hands pulled me close. He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. I could feel him smile. He nodded as he pulled away. We walked on. This. I liked this. Whatever was happening. It felt good. I linked an arm with him. He had a happy look on his face.

Melly: it felt like a movie Jenn.

I flopped on to her bed. She smiled and kept putting clothes away.

Jenn: its cute.

Melly: its to perfect.

I stared at the ceiling.

Melly: it has to be.

Jenn: for once in your life can't you accept something good?

Melly: I don't know how.

Jenn: the fucker likes you which is fantastic seeing as your egg-o is prego with his baby. He liked you before that. So you know its not just for this.

She poked my stomach. I smacked her hand away.

Melly: stop. Its hard man.

Jenn: no its not. Just let him.

Melly: let him what?

She rolled her eyes.

Jenn: let him in here.

She pointed at her chest.

Melly: I can only try. Some twisted relationship. I sleep with him first. Get pregnant. Then we try to date.

We laughed.

Jenn: hey its not always picture perfect.

Melly: no its not.

I sat up.

Melly: does it bother you?

Jenn: you being prego?

Melly: yeah.

Jenn: its a little...I mean we knew you'd be first. It happened so fast.

Melly: it was unplanned.

Jenn: exactly but it doesn't bother me. I know you'd be here for me if I were in the same spot.

I nodded.

Jenn: its just life.

Melly: yeah.

Jenn: have you told your parents yet?

I groaned.

Jenn: bitch you have too. You can't be like that one cousin of yours.

Melly: I know. I know.

Jenn: its your parents. I mean they'll be fucking pissed if you didn't tell them and they find out.

Melly: and I thought telling Matt was the hard part.

Jenn: maybe we can go visit back home!

Melly: and leave the salon by itself?

Jenn: the girls can handle it.

Melly: and what I just show up, hey mom dad I'm pregnant!

Jenn: if you want. I was thinking easing it in would be better.

Melly: smartass.

She smirked.

Melly: I'm hungry.

Jenn: now that you're prego, you're going to actually have to eat. Take lunch breaks. No more fake eating.

Melly: I eat.

Jenn: you need to eat more regularly.

Melly: you make me sound anorexic.

She laughed.

Melly: how do you think the others took it?

Jenn: who knows.

Who knows indeed. That worried me a little. They might not be as understanding as Matt.

Jenn: I bet you Jimmy is baking up a storm.

Melly: why do you say that?

Jenn: Matt always says he bakes when he's happy.

Melly: how do you know he's happy?

Jenn: its a baby, who doesn't like babies?

Melly: men who don't want to be tied down.

Jenn: I just can't see Jimmy not being happy.

Melly: I can.

Jenn: don't worry Melly. It doesn't matter much if he does or doesn't. Its about you and Matt anyway.

Melly: what if he talks him out of it. Then I'm alone?

Jenn: I'm here. Don't forget that.

I nodded.

Jenn: and if he walks out...we know where he lives. I'll kick his ass. Matt doesn't seem like the type though. He likes you.

Melly: he likes me now. Wait till the baby is more evident.

Jenn: you've got nothing to worry about.

Melly: how do you know? This is all so fast. Most people date for like a year. More! Then possibly think marriage. And if they make it the first year. Then a baby.

Her eyes were a bit wide as she stared at me.

Melly: sorry. How am I going to tell my parents? They live all the way in Seattle. I don't have the money to fly them out here and I can't leave the salon. And I sure as fuck am not telling them over the phone.

Jenn: we'll figure it out.

She sat next to me.

Melly: I'm tired I'm going to bed.

Jenn: ok.

I got up and went into my room. It had been a long day. Work than the doctors. I stood in front of the mirror. My body didn't look different. I wanted to believe I felt different but my mind wasn't there yet. You would think after hearing the heart beat. I put pjs on and went to bed. Tomorrow would really be the first day for me. The first official, I felt, day of my pregnant months. Thirty six weeks. We have thirty six weeks to get to know each other. For me to see what's going to happen. For him to see if he really does care. Thirty six weeks. To date. To make it work. Thirty six weeks to fall in...thirty six weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Maybe Trent house?