Status: Active.

They Call Her Special

Chapter-2

It was Monday morning, around seven thirty. I didn't even sleep one minute more after I had woken up at six that morning. My parents were already out of bed, I could hear them in the kitchen.

Morning Coffee.

My nose felt frozen, I placed my hand on it for a moment and it was better.
Another part of the gift. My favorite was the ability to levitate objects. I could change the temperature of anything I wanted to with my hands. I rarely showed my abilities at school, people in the community knew what my parents could do, but they had no idea what of what I was capable of.
I could kill every single one of them if I wanted to. I was just a sweet looking girl with hatred boiling inside of her. I didn't always want to be person I was.
I sat up in bed. I put out my hand towards the tissue box on the opposite side of my room, roughly fifteen feet away, making it quickly levitate towards me. The box dropped on my bed and I blew my nose, then tossed the tissue into my garbage can on the other side of my room.
I stretched out my arms above my head, making my light switch move up, turning all of my lights on
I swiftly got out of bed and glided my hands over my drawers, making them all open at once, then without looking I lifted up my favorite shirt. A plain black short sleeved V-neck.
I continued walking over to my mirror while I opened my closet door with a point of my finger and took a pair of black skinny jeans off of their hanger and tossed them on my bed.
I looked at myself in the mirror like I did every morning. I didn't need a hair straightener, nor a hair curler. I was special enough to do all of that with my abilities passed on to me by my parents.
“Straight or curly?” I asked myself as I ran my fingers through my hair.
I heated up my hands and grabbed my hair from it's roots, slowly making my way down. “Straight.” I replied to myself.
Breakfast.
I disapproved of my Mother's choice to put her thoughts in my head. It sometimes even startled me, but I got used to it long ago.
I continued to straighten my hair with my hands as I walked to the kitchen, I wasn't even dressed yet, I figured my Father would have something to say about that.
I saw Father in his dark blue rob, holding his coffee cup in both hands, gently blowing on his coffee to cool it down. Mother was placing her coffee cup on the marble counter to poor more coffee into her mug. “Good Morning.” she said with a smile towards me, as the coffee pot carefully poured more coffee into her mug without my Mother lifting a single finger. I swiftly sat on one of the stools on the opposite side of the counter. “Good morning.” I replied as the coffee pot placed itself back onto the counter.
After several seconds, of what I saw as awkward silence, I sighed heavily as I walked over and stood by the fridge, reaching out my hands to grab and pull the handles.
“Don't use your hands,” Father told me. I rolled my eyes and looked at him, “I wasn't about to.” I told him. He gave me a look, reminding me that he knew what I was thinking. He knew I wasn't going to use my powers.
I continued to look at him for a few more moments, then Mother finally broke the silence between us. “Alex,” she said as I turned my attention towards her, “Since you can't use the powers at school much, your Father and I both prefer that you use them at home as much as possible.” She then turned her attention back to her coffee.
“Fine, whatever.” I said in the teenager tone as I held out my hands about one foot away from the fridge. Both of the doors opened, revealing a fridge full of food. I turned back to Father, “You happy?” I asked him, also in that teenager tone. He didn't reply.
I quickly grabbed a yogurt off of the middle shelf and tossed to the counter on the other side of the kitchen. It landed quietly, and stuck a perfect landing. “Nice.” Father mumbled before taking another sip of his coffee. I didn't reply.
I closed the fridge door and immediately before I blinked, I saw an image, it wasn't anything more then a blur, but I saw it. Almost like a picture flash. I sharply inhaled and palms on my forehead, closing my eyes as hard as I could. It didn't hurt for more then a second, but still, it surprised me.
Whoa.