Status: Active

The Host

chapter 10

Time passes quickly in the caves, I think it’s been about one month since my brothers and I arrived here in the caves, but it is hard to keep track of time, so I’m not really sure if that’s right. But what I do know is that ever since we came here life has changed dramatically and if you ask me that change has happened for the better.

“Good morning Esmee, how are you this morning?” Lily bounced happily over to me over on a counter in the kitchen.

“I’m good thanks and you?” I said eating a piece of my bread.

“Happy, but that’s normal, so what job have you got today?”

“I’ve got turning the fields.”

“You lucky thing, unfortunately I have to make soap so I’m going to have aching hands but the end of the day.” Lily gave a big sigh and stuck out her bottom lip.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got that job tomorrow.” I said patting her knee.

“Girls, girls did you hear.” Lucina said walking into kitchen with her two sons Freedom and Isaiah.

Lucina and I had become friends while we were washing clothes together and now, I was her new gossip buddy, which I enjoyed greatly.

“Hear what, Lucina?” I asked while Freedom crawled onto my lap.

“Jeb’s sister Maggie, her daughter Sharon, Jeb’s other nephew Jamie and their sister’s boyfriend Jared the ones that found the caves, are taking about the accommodation conditions. Jeb is giving Sharon your room so she can share with Doc. He can then teach her all she needs to know”. She took a deep breath at the end.

“Wait, wait, wait, where am I going to sleep if she is taking my bed?”

Why would Jeb move me? Why can’t he put her somewhere else? These were the questions I wanted to ask but I changed my mind at the last minute.

“He is putting you in with Aaron and Brandt” she said while propping herself on the counter next to me.

“Great!” my voice was dripping with sarcasm.

Lucina ignored me and carried on with her story.

“So, from what I hear Jeb’s nephew Jamie just lost his sister Melanie to the parasites, so he and Melanie’s so called boyfriend went to find Sharron and Maggie because that was who Melanie was looking for before she got caught. When they found them Maggie held the point of an antique sword at Jared’s throat while he explained what was happening. Then they all came to find the caves together.” Lucina finished with large sigh.

“That is sad, poor Jamie and Jared, loosing someone that close to them” Lily said from my left.

“We have all lost someone close to us Lily” Lucina said getting up and grabbing her boy’s hands. “I had better be getting started, see you all after work.”

“See you later Lucina and I think we should all make a start as well, don’t you?” I said hoping up.

“Lets go then” Lily said walking to towards the corridor with me.

And off we went to work for the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry that i haven't updated soon i've been studying for my exam, well I still am, but I wanted to update for you guys.
so there it is enjoy!
comment, subscribe and banners are welcome :)
And a huge thank you to heartagrams for the amazing picture on my story background! :) :D ;)
read her stories they are amazing :D
love you all.