Status: Active

The Host

Chapter 11

I was making my way to the fields, when I ran into my brother Ian.

“Es, you ok, where you heading?”

“I’m good and I’m heading to turn the fields”

Just then I noticed he was not alone.

“Cool, so are we, will walk with you, come on.”

Before I could utter an answer, I was being pulled towards the fields.

When we reached the entrance to the field there were already people working. I recognised Andy, Violetta and Jeb and thought that the others must still be at breakfast.

“Morning” Jeb said while grabbing a pick.

“Morning Jeb, is there something that you need to tell me?” I ask hoping that he would just come out with it.

“Nope” he said simply and walked over to one of the plots of dirt.

That son of a gun, I can’t believe him he isn’t even going to tell me yet.

“What does he need to tell you, Es?” Ian asked while we went to grab our tools with the new people Sharon, Maggie, Jamie and Jared close behind.

I hadn’t really had a good look at them yet but from what I had seen Sharon and Maggie both had red hair and that Sharon just looked like a younger version of her mother. Jamie was the height of an average teenage and had brown hair and Jared was tall, about the same height as my brother Kyle, he was also almost as muscled as Kyle but not quite and he had short brown hair.

“It’s nothing really, it’s just that I was eating breakfast and Lucina came and told me that Jeb is moving me to Aaron and Brandt’s room so that Sharon could have someone to show her around and I just wanted Jeb to tell me this himself.”

“Owww, so he just made that arrangement without you even knowing?” Ian said while walking to the same plot as Jeb.

“Yep, well I’ll talk to you later bro, don’t say anything to Jeb I’ll deal with him later, ok?” I said giving him a small smile.

“Yes sure, we’ll talk more when we’re done.” He said walking over to where Jeb was with the over four close behind him.

I decided to go and work on an empty one, while at the same time Brandt came in and gave me a huge smile and a wave. I waved and after he got his pick he came over to work on the same long plot as me.

“Good morning, what a lovely day it is.” He said gesturing around the field.

“Yeah, lovely day” I said rolling my eyes and my voice being full of sarcasm.

Brandt always made me laugh no matter how stupid his jokes where, how was we meant to know what the weather was like we were in a cave.

“Did you hear your bunking with me and Aaron from now on we’re all going to have so much fun” he said with a laugh.
“Yeah so much fun, not.”

“Aww, come on it’s not going to be that bad”

“No it’s not that, I just can’t believe that Jeb couldn’t tell me this himself.”

“Well, that’s just Jeb for you”

“Yeah I guess so”

“You’re going to like it, well maybe after a while” he said with a laugh.

“Yes of curse I will” I said rolling my eyes maybe it wasn’t going to be that bad living with Brant and Aaron.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry i havn't wrote in a while.
revision for my KS3 exams.
So yeah, anyway!
read, comment, subcribe.
love you all :)