Status: Active

The Host

Chapter 12

Raids, why did we have to have them.

I was going to be without my brothers. Great! Plus I’m also left on my own with Brandt since Aaron is going with them.

Day seven.

“Wakey, wakey sleepy head it’s time to get up! I’ve left you as long as I could but we have to go to work.”

Lily’s voice was ringing in my ears. Why was she in my room?

I could feel someone brushing their finger down my nose. God that was annoying.

“Leave me alone I want to sleep” I said rolling over but only to feel the cold hard wall in my face.

I gave a groan and gave in knowing that Lily wasn’t going to go anywhere, so I might as well quit while I was ahead.

I opened my eyes and the first thing that I saw was Lily’s big blue eyes staring at me, she had a strange smile plastered on her face, that made her look ever more happy and bouncy than usual. But there was something different about her today or maybe it was just the light but something was different.

“Good morning sleepy head, I was wondering if you were ever going to get up.” Lily said while lying next to me on my mattress.

“Morning to you too, why are you so happy today?”

“Hey Es, if you haven’t noticed by now that I am always happy then how can you ever call yourself my best friend?” She gave another laugh and rolled up onto her knees.

“Yes, I know that you’re always happy, but today you seem extra especially happy, if you know what I mean.”

“Yes, I know what you mean, and yes I am happier today. What gave me away?”

“You have more blush on your cheeks and it looks like you have been crying but a happy tear look.”

“Makes sense, but how can you tell the difference between happy and sad tears?”

“I’m an Artist remember, I was paid to capture emotion on paper, it’s something I really like to do.”

“That’s so cool, you’ve got to teach me how to read emotion so I can try and draw them like you.”

“Yes sure, but why are you happy crying anyway?”

Lily jumped up off of my bed and happily twirled around in a circle before saying:

“Come on then and I’ll show you but you have to hurry up, ok?” She said looking back at me while clapping her hands together in happiness.
She then turned back to the door while beckoning for me to follow her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but it's the second one of the day.
like I said before:
read, comment, subscribe.
love you all :)