Status: Active

The Host

Chapter 14

About a week past since the kiss between me and Brandt, we hadn’t really talked about it, and we just acted normal around each other.

I had just finished breakfast and was on my way to the field for their daily water.

I was almost there when all of a sudden someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into a deserted corridor.

I was about to scream when the person held a flashlight at there face.

It was Jeb. He had a strange look on his face.

“Shhh, it’s ok, it’s just me. I need your help.”

Before I could answer he was dragging me back through the dark corridors.

I took me a while to realise where we were going, he was dragging me to the entrance to the caves.

Once we were at the entrance he continued. “I need your help. There’s been someone wondering around here, on their own and now their almost dead. I want you to come with me to where she is.”

I looked at him, why were we going to wonder off into the desert just to see a girl that’s almost dead and we have more than a 50% chance that this girl was one of them, but like always when Jeb wants to do something, there has to be a good reason behind it.

“Ok Jeb. Have you got water and the gun?” He gave me a look when I said about the gun, but nodded and gave a canteen.

We had been walking for a while until my curiosity got the better of me and I had to ask Jed.

“Why are you going to see the almost dead girl anyway Jeb? She could be one of them.”

He didn’t look at me and I thought that I saw him frown, but I couldn’t be sure, because his white beard was in the way.

“You know the drill Es. We should always make sure what it is ‘cause it might be one of our.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i know that this one is short, but the next one is going to be a long one.

comment, subscribe.