Status: Active

The Host

chapter 2

"Heya Ian, Kyle. You two ok?" I asked as you walked into the small cave -more like large hole- that you where living in for the time being.

"Yea, we’re good" Kyle said in his laid back voice from where he was sitting on a large stone that was leaning against one of the sides of the cave with his dark brown hair that was almost black hair shinning in the dull light.

"Good, good here is the food for our journey we can have some before we go but only a little, I know what you two are like, if I don't keep an eye on how much both of you are eating it will be all gone before we even get out of this cave and out looking for a new place to stay" I stated pointing a finger at both of them while both of my annoying brothers grinned widely at me.

"Ahh, come on Es you know that we...."

"...wouldn't do that” Ian started and Kyle finished, they both got off of their seats and came to wrap their arms around me still grinning.

"you guys freak me out when you do that you know"

"We know but it’s funny to watch you squirm" Ian, Kyle and I just burst out laughing we all knew that it was always good to laugh at times like this because we never knew when it would be the last time we would all be together and after one of my brothers or I went out on a raid, it was always good for us to go and have a laugh after that small or long time apart from each other.
Since each other was all they had left now.

//Thinking about what we went through.//

Our mother was the first out of the family to be taken by the seekers and becoming one of then she didn't want to be one of them, they just did it to her, and made her one of the first the prototypes. She had gone into the hospital with cancer and within a day she was released and was more fine, happy and to be honest even more caring than she was before she was released. She had been a bit confused at first and at times we didn't mind, we just thought I was normal after what she had been through.
But then the seekers came like they started coming for others on our street.

Our father had found out what they where and when they came my father told me and my twin brother Ian to run a find our brother Kyle and leave, he told us where to go after we had picked up Kyle and our father said that he would meet us there in a while as soon as he had got all of the stuff he needed and then we would all go from there and never come back. As much as it hurt him to leave our mother he just wanted what was best for Kyle, Ian and I.

So Ian and I ran straight after our father had explained all of this to Ian and gave him something to keep safe but I didn't know what at the time but later I found out that it had been his gun that he used on his job as a policeman but at the time I just forgot about it and we both ran.

We took my car and drove as fast as we could all to my brother’s house where he and his girlfriend Jodi lived. As we got there Kyle was on the door step waiting for us, it looked like dad had called him to tell him what was happening and that we had to leave, but where was Jodi? As we got to the door all Kyle’s eyes were red and he kept repeating "she's gone they got to her, she's gone." It had seemed that the seekers had also gotten to Jodi just like they had gotten our mother but she had only gone to the doctors because she had a really bad cold, poor girl. So we only left with Kyle in the end. We only had to drive to the house to pick up our father but as the house came in to view there was a white van parked outside our house and we saw five men on the lawn. As we got closer we noticed that one of the men was our father and two of the men were on his sides holding is hands behind his back and were dragging him to their van. The other two were a bit behind and they both had guns held tightly to their chests. As our father seen us driving down the street watching what was happening he shouted "don't worry about me save yourselves take care of each other don't go where I told you find somewhere new and be safe. I love you all remember that!"

After that we kept running, we dumped the car grabbed the supplies and went into hiding and even when they started taking over, we just kept hiding and have been ever since.

//End of thoughts//

We slowly ate a tiny bit of the food I had collected and also drank a tiny bit of our newly collected water.

"Are we all ready to go then" I asked as I grabbed the last of the stuff that I had to carry on the journey.

"I’m ready Es, you ready Kyle?" Ian asked with a small smile on his untouched face.

"Yea let’s get out of this place" Kyle said also with a small smile on his face.

We all grabbed our stuff and off we went into the vast desert to find our next place to stay.
♠ ♠ ♠
i now still boreing but it is better and will get better

pleace comment and suscribe

remember comments make a happy auther!