Status: Active

The Host

Chapter 5

“Who are you?” the strange voice came from close behind them.

Ian, Kyle and I didn’t say a word, but really what were we meant to say, we didn’t know who this man was and even more importantly what this man was.

“Come on, answer me” the man voice was getting more and more frustrated by the minute.

I looked to the side to see what Kyle and Ian’s reaction were and they were both very different.

Kyle’s was just like I expected, it was red and twisted with anger. Then there was Ian’s reactions that was strange, his face was completely calm, like none of this was even happening.

“You turn around” was all he said.

Then all of a sudden I felt him grab my shoulder and turn me around to face him.

“Hey get off her, NOW” Kyle almost screamed at him.

“Hold it right there, just stop” the man said and then the strange man was holding a gun at the back of Kyle’s head.

“Now just stay there, this won’t take a minute, so stay still”

He said while grabbing my chin. I couldn’t really see what he looked like or what but was really doing but from the corner of my eye I saw him reaching into his pocket and retrieving a silver object. Out of no where there was a bright light shining into my eyes.

“What” the man voice was barely a whisper.
Then all of a sudden he turned me around again. I was starting to get confused, when was he going to kill me? That is what they normally do when they catch you.

His one hand held up my hair from the back of my neck and with the torch in his other hand he searched for scars.

“You haven’t got a scar” his voice was full of confusion now.

“Of course I haven’t got a scar! Do you think I would be hanging around this place, in the middle of the desert if I did” I hissed back at him.

“Yes, but I just thought that you where one of them”

“One of them, don’t you mean one of you” I said back in confusion.

“No, no you don’t understand I’m not one of them I’m like you, really look. I’m human” he said shining the torch in front of his eyes.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, this man standing right in front of me was a human, a actual human. Ian and Kyle looked just as surprises as I was.

“Lets start over I’m Brandt and you lot are?” Brant said holding out his hand.

Ian was the first to speak
“I’m Ian, this is my brother Kyle and my twin sister Esmee” he said shaking Brandt’s hand.

“Nice to meet you all, I don’t mean to rush you or confuse you all but we have to get out of here”

We all looked confused at him.

“Where?” I was the first to ask.

“To the caves of course so you can meet the others” he started walking towards the entrance.

I looked at Kyle and Ian confused.

“What others” I whispered to them.

“I don’t know, but let’s go”

And we all followed Brandt to the exit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it late lots of homework

Comment pleace
and thanks for all of you that read my story, love you all