Sequel: Lessons Learned
Status: Finished, should I do a sequel?

Burning It Down, All the Way to Bat Country

Parkkkk

Matt’s POV

I was down in the kitchen Sunday morning making coffee when Trin came bounding in, already dressed, with a huge grin on her face. She froze when she saw me, and smiled angelically.
Uh oh, she wants something.
“Daddy, can I take Aja to the park with Mitch and Chris today?” See? I was right, she did want something.
“It’s fine with me hun, but you need to ask Jim and Jasey if it’s cool.” She smiled and nodded, then turned and skipped off, probably to find Jasey. I shook my head and grabbed the coffee, walking upstairs to my room, where Steph was still sleeping. I smirked to myself; I guess I wore her out last night…and most of this morning… I kissed her lightly, and she blinked her eyes open slowly.
“Oh god Matt; go away! I can’t take it anymore!”

Jimmy’s POV

I was sitting in the living room waiting for Jasey to finish getting ready so we could leave, when Trinity came skipping in with a huge smile on her face.
Oh crap, what does she want?
“You know you’re my favorite uncle right?”
“Yes, I am aware of that, now what do you want?”
“Jesus, someone’s direct this morning. Maybe I just wanted to tell you that you’re my favorite.” I just cocked an eyebrow, waiting for her to continue.
“Ok ok, I was just wondering if it would be ok if I took Aja to the park with Mitch and Chris today.”
“I don’t have a problem with it, but Jasey makes the decisions in this relationship, she’s up in our room.”
“Alrighty then, have fun today!” She saluted, then spun on her heel and ran up the stairs.
Jesus that kid is crazy.

Jasey’s POV

I was in my closet trying to find my shoes when there was a knock on the door,
“Come in!”
“Hey Aunt Jasey, have I told you recently that I think you’re the coolest person in the world?”
Oh shit, what does she want?

“Yes, you told me last night, now what do you, cuz if you’re dad already said no, I can’t help ya.” I finally found my shoes and went and sat on my bed to put them on, waiting for her to tell me what she wanted.
“Ok, so I was just wondering if I could take Aja to the park with Mitch and Chris today. I asked my dad, and he said ok, but I had to ask you and Jimmy, so I asked Jimmy, but he said that you make all the decisions in your relationship, which I think is smart, and now I’m asking you. So is it ok?”
“Sure, which park are you going to?”
“Just the one down the street from here, we’re gonna walk there once Mitch gets here.”
“Ok sweetie; just make sure you have your cell on so we can get a hold of you, and call me if she gets too rowdy. Have fun.” I laughed when she squealed and hugged me before she booked it out of the room.
CRASH[i/]
“I’m ok!”
That girl and stairs…

Mitch’s POV

“MITCHY! I NEED HELP!” I walked into Chris’s room, where he had managed to get himself stuck in his t shirt. I shook my head as I kneeled and untwisted him, helping him pull his head and arms through the appropriate holes.
“Thanks Mitchy, I don’t know how I got stuck, but I wasn’t unsticking!” I laughed nodded, grabbing his shoes and motioning for him to sit down,
“Alright little man, let’s get your shoes on, then we’re gonna go ok?”
“Go where?”
“We’re going to the park with Trini and Aja remember?”
“Oh right! Aja was fun to play with; she has a TON of trains. I think she has more than I do!”
“Wow really? I didn’t think that was possible!”
“I know Mitchy! But she does, I didn’t think girls even liked trains!”
“Well I guess they do, now come on, let’s go say bye to mom.”
“OK!” He ran out of the room in search of our mother. I found them in the kitchen, where my mom was already working on dinner. We had a huge family dinner every Sunday, and when I say family, I mean EVERYONE; aunts, uncles, cousins, my sister and her family. It was absolutely crazy, and I loved every second of it.

“Hey Mitch, be home by five today ok? Everyone is showing up at six, and I’m gonna need help setting up.”
“Ok mom, we’re gonna head out now, I told Trin we’d be over at 11, I’m already late.”
“Ok boys, have fun!” I smiled and kissed her cheek before walking out the door with Chris.
“Alright little man, do you need help with your seat or can you do it yourself?”
“I can do it! I’m not a baby Mitchy.” I laughed and nodded, digging my phone out of my pocket and dialing Trinity while I started the car.

“Hello”
“Hey, sorry I’m late, I had to get Chris dressed.”
“Mitch it’s fine, it’s only 11:05 haha.”
“Well I don’t like being late haha. I’ll be there in like ten minutes.”
“Alright, see ya soon.”
“Bye cutie.”
“Later Mitch.”

Trinity’s POV

I ended the call and slid my phone back in my pocket before sliding down the banister to the front hall. I heard someone clear their throat, and turned around to see Brian with his arms crossed over his chest.
“Trini, you can barely WALK down the stairs without falling, so why are you sliding down the banister?”
“It’s express mail! Duh,” He looked greatly confused, so I decided to explain,
“Me and Jimmy made up a game called Express Mail. I have to go find him and give him a hug now, when we slide down the banister, we have to deliver hugs. You want in the game?”
“No thanks sweetie, and tell Jimmy that if he breaks his arm and we have to cancel the tour, Matt is going to kill him.” Wait, tour? Brian noticed my confusion, this time it was his turn to explain,

“We go on a small two month tour in three weeks; your dad didn’t tell you?” I shook my head, and Brian just laughed.
“Well, we only found out about it yesterday, so he probably forgot.” I laughed and nodded,
“Probably, now I must go find Jimmy and deliver his hug…wait, Jimmy left already. Ok, EXPRESS MAIL!” I screamed and jumped on Brian, giving him a hug before running off to find my dad. I did a quick u turn when I heard the doorbell ring, but alas, I wasn’t quick enough, as Zacky answered the door.

“Oh hey, your Trinity’s friend, Mitch right?” Zack asked as he let Mitch and Chris into the house,
“Yeah, this is my little brother Chris.”
“Cool cool, well, Trinity is here somewhere, oh, there she is.”
“Hey Mitch, Chris, Aja is in the living room, can you go get her for me?”
“YEAH!” he screamed and took off. I laughed and turned back to Mitch, giving him a quick hug and pulling him into the living room.
“So you guys ready to go?” Mitch asked and the kids nodded, I grabbed my bag and my phone off the coffee table, said bye to my dad, and we were out the door. We made the short five minute journey to the park, and the kids were just itching to run off.

“Ok guys, stay where we can see you, don’t talk to people you don’t know, and play nicely with the other kids ok?” They both nodded and booked it to the swings; I just looked at Mitch and grinned. We spotted a park bench and made our way over to it, making sure we could still see the kids.
“So this was a really good idea, Aja was already starting to bounce off the walls.” I stated, Mitch laughed and nodded,
“Yeah, so was Chris. He got so excited about seeing Aja again he got stuck in his shirt getting dressed earlier.”
“Dude, Aja told her dad that she was going to see her new boyfriend today, and I think Jimmy almost started crying. It was so funny.”
“That’s awesome man.” Mitch said.
“Hey Mitch!” he turned and waved at some guy, who started walking over to us. Looking closer, I saw that he had a black eye and a bruised chin. Who had he been fighting?

“Hey Trent, this is Trinity, Trin, this is my best friend Trent. He looks like he got the crap beaten out of him because he’s an underground fighter.” That makes sense. Wait, so does that mean Mitch… I looked at him, and he nodded.
“Aja! Time to go sweetie!”
“But we just got here!”

“AJA MICHELLE! We are leaving, NOW!” She pouted, but nodded and got up. I grabbed her hand and we started walking away, ignoring Mitch’s calls to come back. We were walking up our driveway when Mitch caught up to us.
“Trinity, will you please at least give me a chance to explain?” I told Aja to go inside and turned to Mitch, arms crossed, eyebrow raised, waiting for him to continue. He sighed and began,

“My dad used to be a boxer; and him and my mom knew everyone from the local gyms. When I was eight he took a dirty hit in the ring, and he died. The other guy had brass knuckles and punched him in the temple, fractured my dad’s skull. I had been training since I was five, but my mom freaked out and said I couldn’t fight ever again. But I’m like my dad; I need to feel that rush, so when I was 15 I got into the underground fighting scene. The only reason I don’t look like Trent right now is because I haven’t fought in three weeks, and if it really makes you that uncomfortable, I’ll stop. I really like you Trinity, I want you to be my girlfriend.” Cutie say what?

“You wha…seriously?”
“Yeah, I really do. So, if I promise right now to stop fighting, will you be my girlfriend?” I shook my head no, and his face dropped, I hurried to explain,
“I would be your girlfriend anyway; I’m not going to make you stop doing something you love.” He grinned and tugged me close,
“So does this mean you’re my girlfriend?” I smiled and nodded,
“I do believe that that’s exactly what it means.” He grinned and kissed me, and I saw stars for the second time in two days.
I could get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
So a little insight into Mitch's backround =]
His character is up in the character page, go check him out =]
Thanks to everyone who commented, ya'll know I love you.
Tell me what you think of this one, I'm not sure I like it.