Sequel: Lessons Learned
Status: Finished, should I do a sequel?

Burning It Down, All the Way to Bat Country

Chapter 30

Jaz’s POV
I was ripped out the awesome dream I was having about unicorns and ice cream when I felt a body crash into mine.
“Jaz! Wake up, we have to start planning! Oh quit groaning Jimmy, I didn’t land that hard.” I heard Trinity yell, and I smiled and rolled over, coming face to face with my niece.
“Alright you crazy child, get out, I’ll be downstairs in ten minutes ok?” She grinned and nodded, giving me and Jimmy a kiss on our cheeks and bouncing off the bed and out the door. I swear, sometimes that girl acts more like a 5 year old than a 15 year old.

“Babe, you created a monster. She didn’t even want this party until you said she could change it!” Jimmy whined as he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into his side, I giggled and pressed a soft kiss to his lips before patting his chest and wriggling from his hold.

“I know she didn’t want one, but she’s turned her birthday into something that will help other people, which I think is better than a birthday party for herself. Now quit whining and get up.” I ranted, walking out the door after pulling on some shorts and one of Jimmy’s t shirts. I went directly to the kitchen, it was after eleven and I was still in desperate need of coffee. I walked in to reveal a smirking Trinity holding out a huge cup of steaming black heaven.

“Oh my god, I knew there was a reason I loved you, thank you sooo much.” I said as I took the cup from her hand, following her to the kitchen table where she had a notebook, some computer print outs, and various other things laid out.

“Ok, so I did some research; and I’ve actually already talked to the person in charge over at Operation Home Front, they provide aid for military families for every situation imaginable, house fires, moving, medical expenses, everything. They’re based in San Antonio, but they have local chapters all over the country. The lady I spoke with at the San Diego office said they are more than happy to accept anything we can give them, so I want to collect money, clothing and household items as well. This is the list of things that are most critically needed. I’m going to send out invitations, but I want to push back the party until late May, I already called back the venue and re scheduled for May 29th. I talked to my dad this morning; nobody has anything else going on. Any questions?” I blinked, amazed that she had managed to pull this much information together.

“How long have you been working kid?”
“Since 4:30, I couldn’t sleep. I called them at eight, I was going to leave a message, but I guess someone got to the office early and decided to answer the phone.”
“What time did you wake your dad up, and where is he?”
“I woke him up an hour ago, he went to breakfast with Steph; he said he would be back soon.”
“Well ok then. Are we going to make this thing public? The venue can hold 1,500 people.”
“I want to make it so I have people with like, VIP passes that are guaranteed entrance. Otherwise, if you have a gift or donation you can get in. I’m going to set requirements for the gifts though. Sound good?” I nodded and smiled at the very enterprising girl sitting across from me,

“Alright then, it’s time to make a flyer, we’ll print the original here and copy more at Kinko’s. What do you want the gift requirements to be?”
“I want the list from the website to be on there, and if they’re giving money, it has to be thirty dollars or more, about the same as a concert ticket. Does that sound good?”
“That sounds perfect sweetie, let’s go get Corra, she can help us with the flyers and shit. Why don’t you call your friends and have them come over, you guys haven’t seen each other since Friday.” She nodded and jumped up, grabbing her phone and running out of the room.
I smiled and shook my head before walking upstairs to grab Corra, she was always up early. I found her playing with my daughter in her room, and I just stood in the doorway and smiled as I watched them have a fake tea party. Corra was going to be a great mom, I could feel it.

“Aja sweetie, mind if I steal auntie Corra from you for a little bit? I’m sure uncle Zacky will play tea party with you.” She looked at Corra questioningly, she knew she wasn’t supposed to wake any of the guys up unless she got the approval of the guy’s girl.
“He’s awake sweetie, I think he’s down in the studio with your other uncles. If you ask nicely I think he’ll let you play his guitar.” Corra said to the little girl, who squealed and shot to her feet, bolting out of the room. I laughed at my daughter’s antics and turned back to Corra, who was getting to her feet.

“How ya feeling today sweetie?
“I’m ok, morning sickness wasn’t so bad today. So whatcha need?”
“I need you to help Trinity and I make a flyer for her party. The girl is a genius, you have to see what she’s managed to accomplish in a few hours. You remember that mini tour that we organized for the guys last year and it took us two months?”
“Yeah, for a two week tour, that was a fucking nightmare. Why?”
“She has managed to get the venue re scheduled, she contacted the charity this morning and they’re going to send people to help out and pick up the donations, she has everything planned. And she started and 5 o’ clock this morning.”
“Are you freaking serious?”
“Yeah, now we need to go find her, we need to get this shit started.”

Trinity’s POV
“Hey chicky, what’s crackin?”
“Heyy Mistey, wanna grab your brother and my boyfriend and come over? I’m gonna call the other guys too, we can have band practice today.”
“Sure, we haven’t practiced in forever, and Blaze says he has a new song that he want so show us. Is Blaike finally off house arrest?”
“Yeah, she texted me this morning. Her mom released her, but she has to check in every two hours, and she has to call before she leaves.”
“Man, that blows. My mom pretty much just lets us leave as long as we tell her where we’re going. As long as we’re back by curfew I don’t think she cares. MATT! Go get Mitch; we’re going to Trinity’s for band practice. Ok chicky, we’ll be there soon.”
“Alright doll, see ya in a bit.” I ended the call and put the phone back in my pocket, walking to the front hall when I heard the front door open.

“Hey daddy, hey Steph. Daddy, the band and Mitch are gonna come over, is it ok if we use the studio and the equipment for practice?”
“Sure sweetheart, hows the party planning going?”
“Really well, but I need you to call some of your band friend people whatever and see if they’d be willing to do short, half hour sets. I’d really like for you guys to play as well as Papa Roach, Buckcherry, Atreyu, and Burn Halo. Think you can swing that?”
“Sure baby, that shouldn’t be a problem. Why don’t you go downstairs and I’ll send your friends down when they get here.” I smiled and nodded, giving him a quick hug before walking downstairs. I giggled as Aja crashed into me, then quickly righted herself and ran past me, obviously running away from her dad. I laughed as I skipped into the studio and plopped down on Brian’s lap.

“Hiya Brian. How’s life old man?”
“Pretty good baby girl. What brings you to our crazy room?”
“I like the crazy room? Plus daddy said I could use it for band practice, just on the alternate equipment though, we won’t touch the stage gear, promise.”
“Ok sweetheart, want some help setting everything up?”
“No thanks, dad showed me how last week.” I had just finished my sentence before I heard a high pitch shriek, followed by a body slamming into mine.
“Hi to you too Sarah, but could you please GET OFF ME!” I yelled, and pushed her off. She fell to the floor and glared at me, flipping me off before calmly getting up and sitting on the couch.

“Hello darling, the others should be here soon, I guess Mitch had to drop Chris off at his friend’s house.”
“Okey dokey then, you get to help me set everything up.” She laughed and nodded. We were just plugging in the mics when the rest of the band came running in, Mitch following calmly behind them. I smiled and ignored my friends, walking over to my boyfriend to place a soft kiss on his lips before I was yanked back.
“Alright Mitchy, we need your lovely girlfriend here so we can practice. Good? Good, let’s get started.” Mistey said, dragging me over to the mic.
“So what are we doing first?”
“Let’s do that new song that Mist and Trin were working on in history on Wednesday, what was it called again?” Blaze asked, looking at us in question.
“I think we decided to call it ‘Rooftops’, right Mist?”
“Yeah, let’s do that one.” Blaike counted us in, and I waited for the intro to be over before starting to sing,

Starin' at the broke street light,
Some of those lonely nights,
I didn't know if we would make it through.

Stayin' up 'til 5 AM,
Watchin' the sun come up again,
I'd do it all again if i could.

So if I call will you be there?
I miss the nights we used to share...

Up on the rooftop,
Listening to punk rock,
Nobody believed us,
This could be our one shot,
That was all we had...
The nights that we wasted,
Got us through the days that,
Seemed never ending,
Always in a haze but,
We just didn't care...
No, we just didn't care...

The only place that we could go,
Starin' at a world we didn't know,
Wondering if this was all we had.

40 ounce, intoxicated dreams,
All our faded memories,
That's what made us who we are today.

So if I call will you be there?
(If I call will you be there?)
I miss the nights we used to share...

Up on the rooftop,
Listening to punk rock,
Nobody believed us,
This could be our one shot,
That was all we had...
The nights that we wasted,
Got us through the days that,
Seemed never ending,
Always in a haze but,
We just didn't care...
No, we just didn't care...

All these nights,
Left alone,
Is what made us...

All these nights,
Left alone,
Is what made us...
What made us...

Up on the rooftop,
Listening to punk rock,
Nobody believed us,
This could be our one shot,
That was all we had...

Up on the rooftop,
Listening to punk rock,
Nobody believed us,
This could be our one shot,
That was all we had...
The nights that we wasted,
Got us through the days that,
Seemed never ending,
Always in a haze but,
We just didn't care...
No, we just didn't care...


Two hours, eight songs, and half a movie later and Mistey, Sarah, Blaike, Blaze and Evan had gotten picked up; I was currently sitting on Mitch’s lap on the couch, looking at the flyer Corra had put together.
“Corra, it’s perfect! I just need to talk to dad and see if he got the bands I asked for so we can put them on here.”
“Who needs to talk to me?” Dad chooses the perfect time to make an entrance doesn’t he?
“Did you confirm those bands I asked you about earlier?”
“All of them but Atreyu, they’re on tour, they’ll be in Canada, sorry sweetie. I got someone that you’re going to go ape shit for though.” I looked at him in confusion, who would I go crazy about?

“I managed to get…METALLICA!!” He yelled, and I screamed and launched myself off of Mitch’s lap and into my dad’s open arms.
“How in the name of all that is holy did you get Metallica to come to my birthday!?”
“Honestly, they called me. I had asked Larry to see if he could book Atreyu, but they’re on tour. Somehow word about what you’re doing got to James, and he talked to the rest of the guys, called me, and now they are going to play you’re benefit!”
“OH MY GOD! THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, suuuuper long chapter, I like it lol. Song credit goes to Mest. The charity mentioned in this chapter is a real charity that helps military families, the website is operationhomefront.net, go check it out. They have a chapter is every state I think, and I think we should all be helping the loved ones of the people who are fighting and dying to keep us safe. So send a doantion, maybe volunteer if you can, they also do this thing called Adopt A Family. Let's help out the people who protect us, yeah? Thank you to all my commenters, I love you all.

-Becka