Sequel: Lessons Learned
Status: Finished, should I do a sequel?

Burning It Down, All the Way to Bat Country

Chapter 38

Mitch’s POV

Why was everything spinning? I hadn’t had anything to drink besides Pepsi, so I wasn’t drunk. I stumbled over to a corner, leaning against the wall. I don’t know how long I stood there, trying to make the room straight again, when a small girl came over to me. She looked vaguely like Trinity, but I think she was taller. I saw her mouth moving, but I couldn’t understand what she was saying. Why is she touching me, holy shit, why is she kissing me? Why aren’t my arms moving?
“What the FUCK Mitch?” Oh thank god, Trinity. Oh shit, this is bad. I was finally able to push the girl off me and stumble over to Trin.
“Trin…help.” Then my world went black.

Trinity’s POV

“Oh my god, MITCH! SOMEBODY CALL AN AMBUALNCE!” I screamed as I fell to my knees beside his shaking body. What the fuck did he take?
“Trinity, what the fuck happened?” came my dad’s voice from behind me,
“I don’t know! He had to have taken something, or somebody drugged him. All I know is some chick was kissing him, I yelled, he saw me, passed out and started shaking.”
“Move! Get the fuck out of the way asshole, can’t you see the guys wheeling the stretcher?!” I vaguely heard Jimmy scream, pushing people out of the way. The stopped the stretcher and dropped down next to my now motionless boyfriend.

“What did he take?”
“I have no idea! He seemed totally out of it though, unsteady and confused.”
“Alright; what’s his name?”
“Mitchell Aaron Carson, he’s 17 and he’s allergic to penicillin and morphine.”
“Alright, this is looking like a GHB overdose; we need to move him NOW.” The medic barked, having the other guy lift Mitch onto the stretcher, strap him on and wheel him away.
“Wait! Which hospital are you taking him too!?”
“Mercy West.” I looked at my dad pleadingly; he nodded and turned to Jimmy,

“Get all of these people out of here, tell them we’re really sorry.”
“Don’t worry man, we got this. Now go.” He shoved us towards the door and I took off at a dead run to the car, my dad close behind. We made the normally 20 minute drive in ten, most due to Matt’s manic driving. I bolted into the hospital and to the nurses desk.
“Has Mitchell Carson been brought in yet?” She clicked something into her computer and nodded,

“He came in about 5 minutes ago; the doctors are with him now.”
“What room is he in?”
“Are you family?” I shook my head; I knew they wouldn’t tell me.
“I’m sorry sweetie, I can’t tell you unless you’re family.”
“Please tell me, he’s my boyfriend. Please, I just need to know that he’s going to be ok!”
“Sweetheart, the doctors don’t have that information yet.”
“Dammit!” I smacked the desk and walked away, pulling out my phone. I dialed Mitch’s house number and waited for his mom to pick up,

“Hello?”
“Hi Mrs. Carson.”
“Trinity, how are you darling?”
“I’m ok, but Mitch isn’t. You need to get to the hospital, Mercy West in Long Beach.”
“I’ll be there in ten minutes.” True to her word, exactly ten minutes later she ran through the door, Chris in tow. She spotted me and bolted over, pulling me into a hug.

“How is he? Where is he?”
“I don’t know, the stupid nurse wouldn’t tell me anything.” She got this really nasty look on her face and stormed over to the nurse’s station, slamming her hand down,
“Listen here, you tell me where my son is RIGHT NOW or I will sue this hospital and everyone in it! His name is Mitchell Carson you little dumbass. What do you mean don’t know? Fine fine, have him come talk to me as soon as possible.” We sat for the next two hours in complete silence, our hands clasped together.

“Is there anyone here for a…Mitchell Carson?” We jumped to our feet and ran over to the white coated doctor,
“How is he?”
“We got his lab tests back, he was dosed with GHB. I don’t think he took it voluntarily however, there was enough of the drug in his system to kill a full grown horse. Do you know of anyone who would want to hurt your son?” She shook her head almost violently,

“No, but Trinity just finished a custody battle.” I looked at her, I hadn’t even thought about Derek and Jennifer trying to hurt the people close to me. I grabbed my phone and dialed Daniel’s cell, knowing he would be working late.

“Hey Trinity, what’s up sweetie?”
“Have Derek and Jennifer been arraigned yet?”
“No, they made bail, why?”
“I think they drugged my boyfriend, he’s in the hospital fighting a fucking GHB overdose.”
“I’ll make some calls; see what I can figure out.”
“Thank you so much Danny.”
“Not a problem sweetheart, I’ll call you soon.” I hung up my phone and put it back in my pocket,

“So how is he now?”
“We’ve put him a medically induced coma so that his body can heal, we will also be able to monitor the affects of the drug on his brain.”
“How long will he be out?”
“It depends on him, we’ve done all we can do.”
“Alright, what room is he in?”
“402, down this hall on the right.” He stated and walked away, probably to attend to his other patients. I quickly made my way down the hall and into his room with his mom, sitting by his bedside. All we could do now was pray.

Mitch’s POV

Beep beep beep beep. Why the fuck was something beeping? Why did my whole body hurt? I forced my eyes open, seeing the sterile white walls of… a hospital room? What the hell happened?
“Oh my god, you’re finally awake!” I heard, then I was being enveloped in a hug that was scented with Trinity’s favorite perfume.
“What happened?” I croaked. Jesus my voice sounds bad. She held a straw up to my lips and I gratefully sucked down the cooling liquid.

“Derek paid someone to drug you with enough GHB to kill a horse, and they got some chick to try to seduce you. You passed out from the amount of the drug in your system, and they had to pump your stomach. You almost died Mitch; you’ve been in a medically induced coma for a week.” I looked her in shock. She nodded as she pressed the button for the nurse and pulled her phone out,

“I have to go call your mom; she had to take your little brother to baseball practice.” She gently kissed my forehead and walked out of the room just as the doctor sauntered in.
“Well, Mr. Carson, how are you feeling?”
“Like I got run over by a tank.”
“Well, that’s to be expected. You came in here passed out, going into cardiac arrest; you died twice in the ambulance. We pumped your stomach, but the effect of the drug was too strong, so we had to put you into a coma for a few days so your body could fight the aftershocks on its own. As long as your vitals stay stable, you can go home in two days.”
“Alright, thanks doc.” He nodded and left the room, right I my mom bolted in and tried to kill me with a hug.

“Mom; gotta breath!” She pulled back and gripped my shoulders, shaking me a bit,
“Don’t you EVER do that to me again young man! You took at least fifteen years off my life.” I bit my lip when I noticed the tears in her eyes.
“I’m sorry momma.”
“Don’t you say sorry either, it wasn’t even your fault. Trinity is definitely a keeper though, she hasn’t left this hospital room for more than two hours in the last week. Now, did the doctor say when you could go home?”
“If my vitals stay stable then I can go home in two days.”

Time Elapse: Monday June 7th
Trinity’s POV

Mitch had come home today, and I would have been there, but Jaz had decided to pick today of all days to go look for a wedding dress and she needed all of us girls to go with her. So, I was currently in my room looking for my boots. I knew I had put them in my closet, I just didn’t know where. I was searching around in my closet on my hands and knees when I felt a sharp sting on my ass, I whipped around and glared at Corra, who just smiled innocently and put her hands behind her back.

“That hurt ya know.”
“Well it got your attention didn’t it? What are you looking for anyway?”
“My freaking boots!”
“You mean the black ones that are at the foot of your bed?” I blushed bright red, why am I such an idiot?
“Pshhh…maybe.” She just gave me a knowing look before heading towards the door. I grinned as I pulled on my boots and grabbed my leather jacket and purse, running out the door and down to the car. I grinned wider when I noticed that Corra had left me the front seat, I hopped inside and started digging in my purse for my iPod. I plugged it into the dock and put the songs on random, giggling and cranking it up when ‘California’ by Hollywood Undead came blaring out of the speakers. I pulled my makeup out of my bag and smudged some black and green shadow over my lids, creating a really cool smoky affect. I added mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss and I was done.

“How the hell did you manage that in the car with Corra driving?” I heard Jaz ask from the back.

“I’m just cool like that.” I stated, turning around and grinning. Everyone and started screaming along to ‘Bat Country’ as it came through the speakers; we made it to the bridal boutique just as the song ended. I looked at the small store in abject horror, she couldn’t be serious. Corra noticed my expression and laughed, putting her arm around my shoulders.
“Don’t worry sweetie, they have some really nice things here, it won’t be so bad.” I shook my head and backed away,

“No you don’t understand, Jennifer owns this place, I am NOT going in there!” Corra’s smile fell and she whistled, catching the girls’ attention.
“No way, crazy bitch owns this place. Let’s go.” Everyone got back in the car and we peeled away, heading towards a different store a few miles away. I smiled as I got out, I knew this place. Me and Mistey had come in here once a few weeks ago and they didn’t kick us out, just told us not to break anything. I skipped inside and looked for Lily, the really nice chick who owned the place.

“Hey Missy, come to buy this time?” I turned and grinned, wrapping her in a hug.
“Maybe. My aunt is getting married, so we need a wedding dress. I guess that kinda obvious considering that we’re in a dress shop, but whatever. So, this is Corra, Lynnie, Jasey, and Jaz. Guys, this is Lily. Mist and I came in here a few weeks ago and she let us stay and try dresses on for the hell of it. Jaz is the one who’s getting married, and she wants clean, elegant, and classic. Think you can help us out?” She thought about it for a minute, then grinned and nodded,

“I’ve got the perfect thing, go wait by the dressing rooms and I’ll bring it to you.” I nodded and walked back; everyone followed me and sat down on the provided couches. Five minutes later and Lily was back, holding a huge white bag.
“Alright Jaz, let’s get you in this and see how it looks.” Jaz nodded and got up, following Lily into the fitting room. Ten minutes later and she stepped out in the single most amazing dress I had ever seen.
“Oh my god.”
“Sweetie that’s perfect.”
“Hot damn girl.”
“If you don’t want it then can I have it?” We all laughed at Steph’s question, then laughed harder when Jaz wrapped her arms around her waist, saying “mine” in a rather possessive tone. She looked at her reflection in the floor length mirror and smiled, her eyes watering.

“I’m getting married guys, and this is the perfect dress.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ya'll didn't really think that Mitch was ACTUALLY cheating in her did you? Haha I hope this chapter makes up for all the stress and emotional trauma I've caused you, so tell me what you think. You guys know the drill by now, 6 to write and 10 to post.

Here's Jaz's wedding dress and here's what Trinity was wearing.

I LOVE YOU ALL!
-Becka