Sequel: Lessons Learned
Status: Finished, should I do a sequel?

Burning It Down, All the Way to Bat Country

Surprise

Trinity’s POV
It’s been three days since I found out that Matt had figured out my secret. I don’t know how, but at this point, I don’t care. I know I need help, so I’m going to get it. I looked at the clock-11:00 pm. Would that be too late to call? Probably. I decided to wait until morning, my parents and brother would be gone, it would be safe then. I sighed, rolled over and went to sleep.

The next morning, my stupid alarm went off at 5:00. I hate that thing so much, but I hate the beatings I get when I don’t wake up on time even more. I groaned, rolling over and shutting the damn thing off before getting out of bed. “ugh, another day in hell” I thought to myself as I padded silently upstairs to get started on cleaning before I made them breakfast.

Two hours later and they were all stomping downstairs to the table. I was singing to myself and didn’t realize they had come down already, so I didn’t have food on the table as usual.

“Trinity you fucking whore, where’s breakfast!?!” My father screamed at me.
I jumped and muttered a curse as I grabbed the breakfast trays and ran out the room.
“Sorry sir, I didn’t….” I never got to finish my sentence as he smacked the trays out of my hands and then punched me in the stomach. I cried out and doubled over, he then kneed me in the face. Falling over and clutching my face, I felt a sharp pain in my back and realized that my mother had kicked me. Curling into a ball and trying to protect my head, I endured the beating for what seemed like hours until, finally, the last hit came.

“You’re a worthless slut, I want you gone by the time we get back.” Came my mother’s cold voice. I heard something hit the floor, then footsteps walking away from me. I pulled myself up and sat against a wall, tears running down my face. Where was I gonna go? They’re all I have, even if they are evil. I looked up and saw a plain manila envelope on the floor. Crawling over, I picked it up and opened it, pulling out a single sheet of paper.

“To whom it may concern,
This is a notarized letter stating that Trinity Rose Ashland has been denounced by her parents, Father: Derek James Ashland, and Mother: Jennifer Lynn Ashland. As Trinity is only 15, she may choose her new guardian, the adoption papers have already been signed, names of the new guardians just need to be filled in. If she cannot find a willing guardian, we shall appoint her a ward of the state.
Signed:
Derek James Ashland
Jennifer Lynn Ashland


I sat in stunned silence. All I have to do is find a new guardian? I felt the paper drop to the floor, and was somewhat aware of myself moving to the phone, picking it up, and dialing a number I had memorized three days before.
“Hello?”
“Matt…..help”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dunnnnnnn =]
So I wanted ten comments to post this update, but I really like it and I want you guys to read it, so here it is! Read, COMMENT!!!
Ten comments to the next chapter.
Thank you:
Hearts.and.Stars
xxxmcremoxxx
Spam.
TartyPimp6661
Thomas Sykes!
jeffjeff21
cityliiights.- Here's your update darling, hope you like it =]