Sequel: Lessons Learned
Status: Finished, should I do a sequel?

Burning It Down, All the Way to Bat Country

Haven

Matt’s POV
I woke up to an annoying buzzing on my nightstand. Realizing it was my phone, I picked it up and thought, “Who the hell is calling me at 8 am?”

“Hello?”
“Matt…help” Trinity’s voice came out of the speaker before I heard a thump and a bang.
“TRINITY!?!?! Trinity, answer me sweetheart, what happened, TRINITY!!” not getting a reply, I was already out of bed and pulling on clothes and shoes before running downstairs and out the door. Racing across the front lawns I reached her front door. I pounded on it with my fist, receiving no answer. I finally thought to just try the knob, to my immense relief it was unlocked. I ran through her house calling her name until I heard a faint groan coming from what was probably the kitchen. I ran towards the sound and saw her lying on the ground, covered in blood and bruises. I fell to my knees beside her, shaking her shoulders and sighing in pure relief when she opened her eyes and groaned in pain.

“Trinity, hunny, what happened?” I asked an hour later, after I had carried her over to my house and gotten her cleaned up.
“I was singing in the kitchen and they came downstairs and I didn’t hear them so I didn’t have food on the table so they kicked the crap outta me and kicked me out. Oh my god, they kicked me out, what am I gonna do? I have no money, no job, no place to live I’m gonna end up walking the streets fo”

“Trin, calm down, breathe sweetheart. What do you mean they kicked you out?” Wordlessly, she handed me the piece of paper that had been clenched in her fist since I found her. I opened it and saw it was a letter of some sort

To whom it may concern,
This is a notarized letter stating that Trinity Rose Ashland has been denounced by her parents, Father: Derek James Ashland, and Mother: Jennifer Lynn Ashland. As Trinity is only 15, she may choose her new guardian, the adoption papers have already been signed, names of the new guardians just need to be filled in. If she cannot find a willing guardian, we shall appoint her a ward of the state.
Signed:
Derek James Ashland
Jennifer Lynn Ashland


Wait, what? They legally denounced her, that means she’s on her own. That means that I can take her home with me! I had been toying with the idea of taking her back with me, and this just cemented the plan.

“You're coming with me.”
“Wait, what? Matt, I can’t do that, you don’t want the responsibility of taking care of me. And coming where, don’t you live here?”
“No, I just rented this place, I live on the other side of Huntington, the band is taking a break before we record the new album.”
“What band? What are you talking about?”
“You seriously don’t know? Trinity, you walk around singing our songs all the time….”
“Wait, you’re in Avenged….YOU'RE M.FUCKING SHADOWS!!!” I knew I recognized you from somewhere!”
“I’m surprised it took you until now to figure that out…”
“Oh shut up, I haven’t had time to really think about who my neighbors are or why they’re in hiding” She stuck her tongue out at me and I gave her a fake glare, which I regretted immediately because she squeaked and cowered back into her chair, mumbling apologies.

“Hey hey, calm down, I was kidding, I’m not gonna hurt you sweetheart.” She relaxed a little but tensed again when I pulled her into my lap, rocking her back and forth and rubbing her back. She slowing relaxed when she realized that I wasn’t trying to hurt her, and snuggled into my chest.
“Thank you Matt”
“For what?”
“For saving me, I know I’m safe now.” I just kissed the top of her head and kept rocking her, looking down at her ten minutes later. Seeing that she was asleep, I smiled lightly as I carried her upstairs to my guest room, laying her in bed. She woke up as I was walking out.

“Matt, could you maybe…stay with me?”
I smiled as I walked back to the bed, taking off my shoes and laying down, she smiled and snuggled into my side, falling asleep once more. I grinned softly as I too, fell asleep, thinking

“wow, I have a daughter”
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww, cute =]
Haha I really like this chapter, I hope you all like it as much.
Thank you too:
cityliiights.-No need to commit bloody emo suicide darling, heres your update =]
Juggalette-4-Death
I_Fight_Alone
TwentyTwentySurgery

All Right, SIX COMMENTS for the next chapter, thats not too much to ask is it?