Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Chapter Ten

Dunn and the guys picked Bam up from the alley and walked three blocks to the hotel they were staying at. While they were walking, it started to rain and thunder. Another block away, Jess was walking alone, ignoring the people who ran by her in their haste to get into a dry area. Tears streamed down her face, but nobody could tell from the rain.

She tried to believe he hadn't changed.

She wanted things to be like they used to.

She knew she was kidding herself.

Bam was like every other celebrity who walked the earth, stepping on whoever they needed to, just to get to the top, using alcohol as a crutch to take the edge off.

And she was just another person from his past.

Jess headed into the apartment building and ignored the stares as she walked past everyone, completely soaked. She numbly entered the empty elevator and ascenced up seven floors.

In her apartment, she kicked off her shoes, sending them into the wall. She dropped her bag on the table and ran barefoot down the hallway and into her room. In the dark, she flung the light curtains aside and pulled open the doors to the balcony. Wind and rain poured in, but she didn't care. The city lights were blurred by the rain, blending buildings and cars together, reflecting in the wet streets. The rain pounded against the walls beside her, drowning out the sound of the cars on the street below. Slowly, she came alive. Each drop that hit her was like one more burst of energy. She broke out into a smile and flicked the hair away from her eyes. Tears continued to fall from her eyes, but now they were happy. Jess forgot the fact that she was soaked as she leaned against the doorframe.

For years, she had put Bam on a pedestal. She thought he could do no wrong. That he had a reason behind everything, and that everything would turn out alright as long as he was in charge.

But it was clear that Bam never deserved to be on that pedestal. Nobody should ever be put on a pedestal, because when they fall off, it'll hurt everyone. And it was clear that Bam had hit the ground.

The ringing of the phone jerked her out of her thoughts. She hurridely closed the doors and ran back down the hall into the kitchen to the wall phone. The caller ID read 'Kelsey'.

"Hello?" she picked it up off the counter.

"Are you okay?" Kelsey asked before she had even said hello back.

"...Yeah...I will be." she said after thinking about it.

[Bam]

I was woken up to water being poured on my face.

"What the hell?" I groaned. My head was pounding, my face hurt, and something smelled like garbage. The water kept coming, and when I opened my eyes, I realized that I was in the shower, fully clothed, while my friends stood looking down at me.

"What the fuck was that for?" I hissed.

"For wrecking everything! Jess doesn't even want to talk to us because of you! You ruined that girl's birthday and you obviously pissed off Jess because we found you half-concious in the alley next to the club that she dragged you out of by your shirt!" Dico said in two breaths before he stormed out of the bathroom.

"Huh?" I asked through the pounding in my head that the water was causing..

"You were an absolute asshole to Jess tonight, Bam. Drunk or not, there's no excuse. She used to be your friend. And no matter how much you try to deny it, being famous definitely changed you. And it looks like it wasn't for the better." Raab shook his head and left as well. The guys followed. I was left sitting in the shower with the water on full blast.