Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Chapter Twelve

[Bam]

I was flipping through a photo album from my teenage years. I saw familiar pictures from summers, parties, holidays, and weekends. I could place a memory and day to each photo. Numerous times I found myself smiling.

Then, suddenly, the album was gone and another one was in its place. Each photo was of us now. I couldnt remember any of the ones taken of me, stumbling around in the frame, my eyes half closed, arms around the shoulders of people I didnt know.

Towards the back of the album were pictures of Jess and her new friends. She was smiling and laughing in every one, her face flushed and glowing with happiness. She looked beautiful. Kelsey was with her in most of them, looking like Jess was. Their friends were also happy looking.

In the very back was a picture of Jess. She was smiling slightly tears fell from her brown eyes, dripping down onto her cheeks.

I picked the picture up out of the album only to watch it vanish from my hands.


I sat up, panting. I was still in the bathtub. The water was off, but my clothes were still soaked, and I was now freezing.

Standing up, I made my way into the dim lit room and felt around for my suitcase. Looking at the clock, I saw that it was 9 AM. My cell phone started to buzz on the table beside me and I picked it up. It was a text message from Jess.

Kelsey wants me to forgive you. I'm only doing this for her, Brandon. You know I don't believe in second chances, but I don't have a choice. She thinks you deserve another shot, but I really dont know why. One more chance. And that's it. One more repeat of last night, and the night you arrived and I never want to see you again. Got it? -Jessica

[Jess]

My phone started to buzz and I opened it. A message from bam.

Deal.

I sighed to myself and flopped down on my unmade bed. Running a hand through my tangled hair, I stared up at the ceiling. Why was I doing this? Bam had almost ruined my friendship with Chloe. I thanked whatever God was listening that she was forgiving, and that those pants were old anyway.

Like it or not, I had given Bam a second chance. I could be a bitch and try to sabatoge it, or I could really do this.

Then I closed my eyes and thought back to that balmy summer night on the last day of junior year, when our lips connected in that split second. The warmth that surrounded me that night was now spreading through my arms and raised the hair on the back of my neck. I suddenly reopened my eyes.

I had to do this.
♠ ♠ ♠
would you have done what jess did?