Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Chapter Fourteen

[Bam]

"What's good here, Jess?" Dunn asked while looking at his menu.

"The chicken alfredo is amazing." Kelsey suggested.

"They have really good spaghetti. Kind of like April's." Jess set her menu down.

"You remember Ape's spaghetti?" I asked.

"How can I forget it? And the bread she made." Jess smiled.

"She hasn't made spaghetti since we moved from Westchester." I frowned.

"Did you ever go back to school after you moved?" she asked as she broke a breadstick in half.

"Nope. I didnt see a point. I got my GED though." I looked down at the table, slightly embarrassed that I always used to encourage Jess to go to school when I myself dropped out. I was saved by the waitress who came to take our orders. Jess and Kelsey ordered the chicken alfredo while the rest of us ordered the spaghetti.

-Later-

After going over what had happened since we last saw each other, we were laughing about old times.

"Remember the day we tried to set the apple on fire?" Dunn remembered.

"Yeah! And then you guys all dropped on the floor when I yelled 'duck!'!" Jess laughed.

"What about the time you superglued that one teacher's chair to the floor?" Dico asked Kelsey.

"Oh ha ha. That was you who did it, not me!" Kelsey giggled.

"How about when we played baseball in my house with fruit?" I asked.

"And used tennis rackets as bats? My hair smelled like bananas for two days!" Jess' face was flushed with laughter. Our plates had been cleared away, and some of us were eating desert. Jess and I had decided to share a slice of chocolate cake, so she and Dunn had switched places, and she was now next to me. I could smell vanilla and lilacs, a familiar scent that she always used to wear, whenever she moved.

A familiar song, to me, anyway, began to play, and we watched people stand up and walk over to a small wooden dance floor. I stood up and turned to Jess.

"Um...wanna dance?" I asked akwardly. She smiled and stood up. Even with her heels, I was still taller than her as we walked onto the floor. We both began to slow dance in place, slowly turning as listened to the music.

You are not alone tonight,
Imagine me there by your side.
It's so hard to be here, so far away
From you...


"Jess? We're gonna go walk around Times Square. We already payed the bill." Kelsey walked up to us. Jess waved her on with a smile and we watched as she herded the guys out the front door. They walked past the picture windows, laughing and talking.

"I missed you two alot." I admitted after a few seconds.

"We missed you guys, too." Jess smiled. We danced in silence until the song ended, then we walked back to the table to pick up our stuff.

"Wanna go to Central Park? There's one pond where everything around it is lit up with tiny white lights; it's really pretty." she suggested.

"Let's go." I smiled. We walked out the door to hail a cab.
♠ ♠ ♠
what? were you expecting them to share a kiss? maybe later....*hides from any heavy objects about to be thrown*