Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Chapter Seventeen

[Bam]

Jess led me out of the park and hailed a cab. She gave the driver directions and leaned against me in the backseat after we climbed in. I watched the city lights and the people go by while I thought.

I had to go back to Westchester tomorrow, and I didn't know if I would ever see Jess again. From the look of things, it seemed like we were together again. Did I really want to lose that?

But what if this wasn't meant to last in the first place? Were we just lighting up that tiny spark that was about to go out between us? Was this a last-ditch effort to keep our frayed relationship?

I hadn't felt a rush like that kiss in a long time, and I sure didn't want to let it go. But I had acted like such a douchebag to her friends. Would they accept me if Jess and I were to stay together?

"Come on, Bam Bam!" Jess pulled me out of the cab, interrupting my thoughts. We were standing in front of an apartment building. We walked through the doors and into an elevator together. After going up a few floors, we walked down a hallway and she unlocked a door.

"Welcome to my palace." she snorted, walking in ahead of me as she kicked off her shoes.

"I'll be right back, I'm gonna change." she called back to me before walking down a darkened hallway. I sat down on the couch and looked around. Through one of the giant windows, I had an amazing view of the city.

Something on the table caught my eye. It was a skull with crutches underneath, with the words 'Jackass Number Two' under it.

"I see you've found my DVD." she said from behind me. I turned to see her in a black tank top and dark blue and silver pajama bottoms.

"That movie holds some horrible memories." I shivered.

"Hell, nobody could even see you cry like a little girl." she jumped over the back of the couch.

"Meanie." I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Did you honestly think they would let an itty bitty snake bite you?" she continued. I suddenly turned and began to tickle her sides, remembering how ticklish she was there. I got the response I wanted. She began squealing with laughter.

And I honestly forgot how old we were, especially when I heard Dico give a Tarzan-like yell and jump on the both of us, followed by the rest of our friends.