Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Chapter Nineteen

[Jess]

After the movie, all of our friends began to leave.

"Promise to visit next time you're in the Big Apple?" I asked, walking with them to show them out.

"Definitely!" Dico nodded.

"Bam, come on or you're walking!" Novak called from the door.

"I'll catch a cab! See you later!" he said after literally two seconds. I turned looked at him in confusion, knowing he had to go home tomorrow.

"We need to talk." he said seriously after I had closed the door. I walked back to the couch and sat down next to him.

"This is so confusing..." he trailed off even before he started.

"Us?" I asked. He nodded.

"We both know we cant leave our jobs..." I trailed off this time.

"And I dont want you to go through trashy magazines and people following you all the time." he said.

"And I don't think you can do Jackass stunts in New York City." I smiled a little.

"So...where does that leave us?" he asked, his sky blue eyes becoming more sapphire with seriousness.

"I-I...I dont wanna end this." I whispered. "I dont wanna go through what happened in senior year. I...well, Kelsey and I...finally found you guys. I dont wanna lose that again." I found my vision getting blurry with threatening tears.