Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Chapter Two

[Jess]

I opened and shut the door to my apartment in Manhattan near Times Square, kicked off my shoes, and walked over to my couch to check my mail.

"Junk. Junk. Junk." I sighed, putting down the stack of magazines and flyers. I looked around the room and sighed happily to myself. I composed music for a living and played it around the clubs in the city. I had a job in one of the restaraunt/clubs down the block, and it paid very well. I looked at the clock on the wall as my stomach rumbled.

"Alright, hold on." I laughed and walked into the kitchen and pulled out a box of macaroni and cheese.

There were three magazines on my counter that I had thrown there when I came home last night. While I waited for the water to boil, I opened one to a random page. Two baby blue eyes stared back at me from a black and white photo. No amount of time could replace that color, could replace those eyes and face.

"Shit." I whispered as I began to read the article. It basically said how skater-boy Bam Margera was back in his home town of Pennsylvania after filming Jackass the Movie.

"How did I not know?" I asked myself. In an instant, I remembered how close we were, how close I was to all of them.

I closed the magazine and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" a familiar voice answered cheerfully.

"Hi, Kels." I smiled to myself.

"JJ!" she squealed even though she had seen me two weeks ago. She lived across the city in an apartment I had picked out for her to look at.

"Can you come over?" I asked, looking at the cover of the magazine I had set down.

"What's wrong?" she asked instantly.

"I have to show you something." I bit my lip.

"I'll be over in 15. Do you care if I'm in sweatpants and a tank top?" she asked.

"No, I just got home so I'm probably going to change. I'm making mac n cheese, too." I informed her.

"Save me a bowl!" she exclaimed before hanging up the phone. I giggled before walking down the hall and into my bedroom to change into a pair of lime green pajama pants and a black tank top.

-10 minutes later-

I set two bowls out, filling mine up, before I walked into the living room. No sooner had I sat down on the couch when the doorbell rang repeatedly.

"Jess!" Kelsey's voice came through the door shrilly. I opened it, the magazine in hand.

"So what's up?" she began filling a bowl with macaroni and cheese. I opened the magazine to the picture and showed her.

"Look who I found." I said. I watched her eyes flit back and forth across the page before she dropped her spoon on the counter in shock.