Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Chapter Twenty

"Jess, that's the last, and worst, case scenario. You're not getting rid of us that easily." Bam tried to convince me.

"You managed it with us." I couldn't help but say. What else could I say? They had all found each other again but couldn't find us?

"That's not fair, Jess." his face twisted with hurt.

"But it's the truth, Bam. We tried to find you guys, hanging on to the promises you all made to contact us. I guess we just ended up being memories in a box." I got up off the couch and stood right next to the window, looking down on the city below.

"Jess. I've spent so much of these last few years drunk and falling down. There were times I couldn't remember my own name because I've been hammered or close to passing out, or too in the zone because of Jackass. I can't even remember half of the things I did." he explained.

"I get it, Bam. You were completely trashed these last few years with the guys and were too busy to find us." I folded my arms across my chest and continued staring down at the city.

"If you're trying to get in a fight with me to make it easier to let me go tomorrow, it's not working." he wrapped his arms around me from behind. I leaned back against him.

"How did you know that's what I was doing?" I leaned my head forward against the cool glass on the window.

"Because you fight like a cornered cat when you're scared, until you get pissed off and attack. I know you, Jess. You haven't changed since high school." he laughed.

"You caught me." I rolled my eyes and turned around, leaning on the windowsill.

"Even when I leave tomorrow, it's not for forever. You may be getting rid of me for now, but I'm not going anywhere." he smiled. It would be confusing to anyone else, but it made perfect sense to me.

He leaned in to kiss me, the city lights reflecting on his face and sparkling in his eyes. I could feel that spark, that last little spark that I held onto for all of these years, slowly warming up until a small flame caught.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know. I'm breaking my own rule. But the more I think about this, the more I see it wasn't fair for me to leave all of you in the middle of a chapter like this. I've had ideas for this story for awhile now, but I didn't want to break my concentration from 'If You Took Another Look'. Besides, 'One of The Boys...Right?' was my first successful story on here! This is going to be the last update for this story until 'If You Took Another Look' is done. I hope you can forgive me for not coming to my senses until now?

-*-
EDIT AS OF 2/25: started the character page, check there for pictures! Anyone who watches NCIS will know where the pictures come from X]

and...I made a banner.