Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Twenty Four

**Bam**

"Bam...Bam...EARTH TO BAM!" someone threw a shoe at me.

"Wha?" I jerked my head up. We were stuck in traffic near the Pennsylvania border.

"We've been talking to you for the past 10 minutes, bro! What's up with you?" Dico asked.

"And you look like hell. Didn't you sleep last night?" Raab asked.

"Not really." I shrugged and swallowed a yawn.

"Oh..." Novak turned around and grinned at me.

"What?" I asked again. Novak turned to everyone else.

"Bammo didn't sleep last night." he announced.

"But he was probably in a bed, right Bam?" he asked me. After staring at him blankly for a few seconds, his words finally wrapped around my brain.

"You're sick!" I smacked him in the back of the head.

"Hey man! I'm just trying to compliment you! I mean, Jess has definitely grown, if you know what I mean." he winked.

"So how was it?" Dico asked. More questions were asked, insinuating things that never even happened last night.

"NOTHING HAPPENED!" I finally yelled, sick of the hum of their voices that continued to grow louder and louder. They all stared back at me in disbelief.

"What?" I snapped.

"You two were alone in her apartment all night and you didn't do anything? That's new for you, Bam. I mean, first there was Kayla, then Amanda, and then Destiny. What changed with Jess?" Dunn asked, slightly annoyed.

"Because I know Jess, because I wasn't wasted, and because she doesn't care if I'm a celebrity or not. Every day I regret what happened with those three. I wish I could take it back, but I don't remember anything. But I'll be damned if I let myself do that to Jess." I explained.

"For her sake, I hope you're right." I heard him mumble from behind the wheel.
♠ ♠ ♠
kayla, amanda and destiny dont exist. i made them up, just to give bam a promiscuous [sp?] past. i would never trash bam's name for real, but i had to give him a reason to change for jess. you'll see....

i love blackberries. no, not the phone. the actual blackberries that you go pick.