Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Twenty Five

**Jess**

"Well...his attitude was shit, but with the way you described your history with him, we totally knew you would get back with him." Erica leaned on the bar, and something glittery caught my eyes.

A diamond ring, glittering brightly on her left hand. I slammed my hand down on the bar in surprise, letting out a shocked scream. Everyone jumped.

"What's the matter?" Ashleigh asked.

"ERICA MITCHELL!" my mouth dropped open.

"What?" Chloe asked.

"When in the hell did you get that?" I pointed to her hand accusingly. Everyone gasped and crowded in closer. The rest of the staff returned to what they were doing.

"Last night...Aaron proposed. In the exact place you took Bam to in the park. He took me out to dinner, and then we went up to the top of the Empire State building and watched the sunset. Then he took me to that place in the park and asked me." she smiled. The conversation suddenly switched from my night with Bam to talk of weddings and parties.

"Calm down! The wedding is next month, actually." she grinned.

"How can you plan a wedding that fast?!" Kelsey asked in shock. Nobody had noticed when she walked through the door.

"Um..well...we've actually been planning the wedding for a few months now, but he proposed to make it official, I guess. We were actually going to send out the invitations and he was going to propose right at the altar, instead of doing the vows. You know, instead of the whole 'do you take him to have and to hold' and crap, he would propose and when I said 'yes' we would be husband and wife right there. But he don't want to confuse people, so he proposed." she explained.

"So were you surprised or did you expect it?" Ashleigh asked.

"I actually was surprised. I thought he was going to propose at the altar, but I guess he couldn't wait." she smiled.

"So everything's already planned?" I asked.

"Well...we have the venue, and the church, the food and the flowers, the deejay, the table settings and whatnot, and the invitations...but I still don't have a dress...or dresses for my bridesmaids...which I want to talk to you girls about." Erica looked at Chloe, Ashleigh, Kelsey, and I.

"Would you girls like to be my bridesmaids?" she asked hopefully.

"YES!" Kelsey and I screeched together. Ashleigh's grinned and nodded, and Chloe whooped in response.

"This calls for a round of drinks!" I clapped my hands. Erica laughed and nodded until Joey stepped in.

"I got it." he chuckled.

"When are you going to pick out your dress?" I asked her.

"I've gotten a few ideas, but I need opinions. You guys wanna come with me tomorrow and help me decide?" she asked.

"Definitely!" Ashleigh smiled. Tomorrow was our day off, so it was perfect.

"We can make a day of it." Chloe nodded.

"And we need to get your dresses, too." Erica added as Joey set flutes of champagne on the bar.

"A toast!" Kelsey held up her glass.

"To love." Ashleigh added.

"Old and new." Chloe grinned at me before raising her glass.

"To memories that have been made, and ones we'll make in the future." I added my glass.

"To the friends and family I've known over the years, who will share our day with us." Erica wiped away a tear as we all clinked glasses before downing the bittersweet champagne. Her ring caught the lights over the bar, and I couldn't help but wonder when I would be wearing a tiny diamond to show off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've got a little assignment for you!!! Don't worry, I'll do most of the heavy work, but I want your opinions on a few things...

1) Color scheme [1-2 colors please!] & theme [you know: classic/traditonal, modern...] Just remember that it's a summer wedding. =]
2) In the next chapter or so, I'll give a few dress choices and let you guys pick the best one *prays there won't be any ties* and ideas for bridesmaids dresses if i can find them, but I guess I need color ideas first.

I'll credit people for the color suggestions and dress suggestions! Have fun with it!