Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Twenty Six

The next day dawned cloudy. May was usually bright and sunny, especially in the city. But clouds covered the blue sky, and by the time we had all met up for coffee to start our day, the skies had opened up and a heavy rain started falling.

"That's so pretty!" Ashleigh gushed as Erica reentered the room in her fourth wedding dress choice.

"So were the last three, Ash." Chloe giggled.

"I can't decide. And there's at least two more." Erica groaned.

"Can I make a suggestion?" I spoke up.

"Finally! I thought you were dead or something. You've been staring off into space for the last five minutes!" Kelsey burst out. I rolled my eyes before speaking.

"You want something that's long, but you want the ball gown effect. And you also want the semi-cathedral train. Most ball gown wedding dresses I've seen don't have cathedral trains." I shrugged.

"What the hell is a semi-cathedral train?" Chloe asked.

"A long train on the back of the dress. Um...Erica, can you show us the first choice again?" I asked. She turned, gathering the train so she could move before she let it fall again before she walked out of the room.

"That's a semi-cathedral train. Legit cathedral trains are longer." I explained.

A few minutes later, Erica came back in her first choice.

"Now turn around." I said. Again, she gathered the train so she could turn around, and let it fall. Yeah, you can barely turn without having to pick up the train. Do you want to be doing that in a dress like this?" I asked thoughtfully.

"Well I guess the train can come off..." she trailed off.

"She's got a point, Erica. And the ball gown hides most of your figure. The ones you've shown us have all these little designs on the bodices and they poof out. You've got a figure to die for, and you're hiding it!" Ashleigh studied the dress.

"I've got an idea." Erica suddenly said. She turned, almost tripping on the train again, and walked over to where the rest of the dresses were. She picked them all up and brought them over.

"I want all of you to put one of these on." she commanded.

"Why?" we all asked in confusion.

"Well, for one, you're all just about my size. We'll be done with this a lot faster, because if I have to see one more wedding dress today, I'm going to lose my mind. And two, I want to see what these dresses look like on other people." she explained.

"I don't get the second reason, but I agree with you on seeing one more dress." I picked up the first one I put my hands on.

"Don't we still have to pick out our dresses?" Chloe asked.

"Yeah, but then I get to sit and watch you girls try on dress after dress." she grinned wickedly before shooing us out.