Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Twenty Eight

"Hurry up, Jess! We still have to try our dresses on!" Ashleigh ruffled the curtain. I pulled my shirt over my head and my jeans onto my legs before carefully picking up the dress. I gave it to Erica, who handed it to the woman who had been helping us.

"Alright, the colors are going to be champagne, espresso brown and coral pink. My bridesmaids are either going to be in coral with an espresso bow or espresso with a coral bow, and my maid of honor is going to be in champagne with a coral bow." she looked at me with a smile before I even had the chance to groan.

"Tell me it's not a girly pink." I begged, even though already I knew how bright the color coral pink was.

"Does 'Coral' count as a girly pink?" the woman came back in the room with a pile of pink dresses. They were all a pretty bright, and girly, pink.

"Just try it on, Jess! I know you'll look amazing! Especially with your dark hair and pale skin! You'll look like a freaking star!" Ashleigh held her dress up to herself, grinning.

"Don't make Erica get down on her knees and beg, Jess." Kelsey pleaded.

"I haven't even said anything yet! Give me the damn dress!" I rolled my eyes and held out my arms.

"I don't know why you girls are giving her a hard time. You already know she's not a bridesmaid." Erica giggled.

"Huh?" I asked, letting my arms fall back to my sides.

"Jess, as you know, I'm an only child, and my closest girl cousin is pregnant and she's due the day of the wedding...so I'm out a maid of honor. And I was wondering...would you like to be my maid of honor?" she grinned. My jaw dropped in shock.

"Oh my god, yes!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around her. She nodded to the woman, who brought in a different dress. It had a higher hemline in the front than it did the back, and was almost an ivory color. A thin pink sash tied in the back, trailing down in a knot.

"It's beautiful." I smiled, holding out my arms.

Just as I was about to slip the dress over my head, my phone started buzzing and beeping violently. I looked down to see the ID and to see that instead of texing, Bam was calling me.

"Is it Bam?" the girls crashed through the curtain and I screamed in surprise before ducking behind the dress that was hanging on a hook on the wall, dropping my phone and accidentally stepping on it.

"CAN YOU WAIT UNTIL I HAVE CLOTHES ON?" I screeched, a cold blast of air hitting me when the curtain was thrown aside. I was only in a pair of tiny shorts and my bra.

"Oh please. You've worn bikinis that cover less than what you're wearing now." Kelsey snorted. But the girls obeyed my screaming and left, giving me the chance to look down at my phone. Then I realized that when I had stepped on the phone, I had accepted the call.

"Shit! How much of that did you hear?" I asked.

"Since you screamed about not having clothes on...what's the picture of the dress for?" he asked. I smirked when I heard the nervousness in his voice.

"Relax. It's for my friend Erica, the bartender from the club? She's getting married next month and she had each of us try on a dress. It just so happened that I wore the winning dress," I explained. "Goddamn it." I added at the end to myself when the zipper on the back of the dress slipped from my fingers again.

"So what are you doing now?" he asked, heaving a sigh of relief.

"Trying to put on my bridesmaid dress but this zipper is like, defective." I scowled in concentration.

"What color is it?" he asked.

"Why should I tell you? You'll see it at the wedding." I smiled to myself.

"Tell him if he doesn't go, I'm sending people to come get him." Erica called through the curtain.

"Erica'll send someone to kidnap your ass and bring you up here if you say no, so you might as well come up here." I said before he could answer.

"You're not demanding or anything, are you?" he teased.

"Are you coming or not?" I smiled.

"Yes, yes, I'll go. When is it?" he asked.

"The hell if I know." I laughed and hung up.

"Is it too girly for you, Jess?" Kelsey teased. I noticed that they had flung the curtain aside.

"I love it." I grinned

"Is everyone happy with the lengths?" Erica asked. Her eyes were bright with excitement. "Aside from Kelsey's dress. I still need the tailor to take it up a few inches." she gestured to where Kelsey stood on a stool.

"Can we go eat now?" I burst out after I checked the time on my phone. It was nearly one in the afternoon. I couldn't believe we had been here since eight this morning.

"I swear you have a tapeworm." Ashleigh rolled her eyes.

"I'm starving, too. Let's go to that cafe." Erica stretched.

"Oh, that's helpful." I smirked as we left the room. Chloe giggled and pushed me forward.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Edit*: I do love heartbreak recs.'s color choices, but sadly, I just couldn't picture Jess walking down the aisle in a Sugar Plum pink dress.

so here's the new revisions and such:
Bride *champagne colored ribbon
Maid of Honor *champagne with coral bow
Bridesmaids *espresso with coral ribbon or coral with espresso ribbon
Flower Girl *champagne ribbon

and I just got a few lovely ideas for the story *grin*