Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Thirty

Leave it to Kelsey to ruin my good mood by storming out, but I knew she was right. I had to see Bam for longer than one night.

So after taking a few deep breaths to calm myself down, I picked up my phone and called the number that had burned itself into my brain.

"Jess!" he answered before the first ring was over. "I was just about to call you!" he sounded excited.

"Really?" I couldn't think of anything else to say.

"Do you want to come down to West Chester for the weekend? If you're not working, I mean." he said. I heaved a sigh and collapsed on my couch.

"I'll have to check, but I'd like that." I smiled.

"Yes!" he laughed. We talked for a few more minutes and then said goodbye before we hung up. I looked around my apartment and sighed.

Maybe I should get a dog, I thought to myself before I called Kelsey.

"What." she answered the phone.

"Still pissy at me, eh? Well I'm giving you a few days off while I go down to West Chester." I smirked.

"Oh boy I hope-wait...WHAT?" she asked.

"I'm. Going. To. West. Chester." I said again even slower.

"You called him?" she asked excitedly.

"No, I sent him messages with my thoughts. What do you think?" I rolled my eyes and walked down the hall toward my bedroom.

"Don't make me come over there and smack the sarcasm out of you." she snorted.

"You'll have to smack me out of sleep, first, because I'm going to bed. I've got a long drive ahead of me tomorrow...unless you'd like to join me?" I offered.

"I'd love to but I can't. Besides, this is your weekend with him. Just the two of you...all alone..." she trailed off and I could almost see her smirking on the other end.

"Drop the dirty thoughts, Kelsey." I laughed.

"Call me if anything happens." she replied.

"So you're saying that you want me to call you if we have sex, right? Come on, Kelsey, I'm a little more classy than that." I sighed.

"Says the girl who shoved a phone number down her bra. And I said nothing about the two of you having sex. Got a guilty conscience?" she shot back teasingly.

"Good night, Kelsey." I giggled.

"Night, Jess." she hung up the phone, laughing.

I already knew that I didn't have to work for the next few days. We were having rehearsal dinners all weekend, four nights in a row, and each dinner already had their own band or musician playing. Ashleigh gave me the option of staying at home or I could show up and hang out behind the bar or something. I wanted to stay and help them if I was needed, but I wanted to get out of the city for a few days, and I wanted to see Bam more than I wanted to help out with rehearsal dinners.