Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Thirty Three

**Bam**

Jess slept straight through dinner and through dessert, something we were surprised that she would do.

"You better wake her up for a few hours, Bam. She's never going to sleep tonight." Ape looked at the clock. It was 7:30.

"Alright." I sighed, got up off the couch and stretched before I ran up the stairs.

"Back off, I'll take you on!
Headstrong to take on anyone!
I know that you are wrong and this is not where you belong!
" Jess' voice reached my ears as soon as I walked into the room. I could faintly hear the shower running because the music was so loud.

The song suddenly changed, an eerily calm tune floating through the air Jess' voice took on a tone that I could only compare to a music box.

"I hear a voice say don't be so blind.
It's telling me all these things that you would probably hide.
Am I your one and only desire?
Am I the reason you breathe?
Or am I the reason you cry?
" her soft voice suddenly changed, shouting along with the chorus as she turned off the shower.

"You alive in there?" I laughed through the door.

"What?" she yelled over the music. I heard the door being unlocked and she cracked the door open, turning down the music as she did so.

Standing in front of me, Jess was wrapped in a deep red towel and her hair wet hair clung to her face. Her face was tinted red, probably from the heat of the shower.

"Uh...interesting music choice." I tried to save myself from an awkward silence.

"I'm not really a fan of the second song. I'm not even sure whose iPod that is." she shrugged.

"Ape sent me up to get you. She didn't want you not being able to fall asleep tonight." I explained.

"I'll be down in a few." she shut the door again.

**Jess**

By the time I dried my hair and changed and got downstairs, nobody was there.

"HELLO?" I called out.

"DOWN HERE!" April yelled from...another downstairs?

"Where is 'here'?" I yelled.

"Jess!" Bam called. I turned and saw him on another staircase.

"I'm gonna get lost here." I rolled my eyes and followed him down into a kitchen area.

"I'll give you the tour later." he laughed.

"Well hello there sleepyhead!" April laughed. I blushed and stretched before sitting on an empty stool at the island in the middle of the kitchen.

-An hour later-

"I can't believe you guys didn't get arrested for that!" I exclaimed in shock after the guys told me how they spent 6 hours on a scavenger hunt.

"Nah, we just got kicked out of the township." Dico waved his hand like it was nothing.

"I'm not surprised, after everything you told me." I teased him.

"And then we ended up in a trailer park." Dunn shook his head.

"It was a damn nice trailer park, too." Novak nodded.

"Until we trashed it." Raab pushed him off the stool.

"You mean Dico trashed it!" Phil spoke up.

"It was Bam's game." Dico put his hands up.

"Is it still there?" I asked.

"Ask Ape. She was supposed to clean it up." Bam shrugged.

"I wasn't cleaning up that crap!" April exclaimed.

"Then it's still there." Bam laughed.

-Later-

I don't remember what time we stopped talking and we drifted toward our rooms, but I suddenly went from being dead tired to awake and alert as soon as I got into my bed. Maybe it was the lack of noise. I was so used to falling asleep to the sounds of the city, and now there was no sounds whatsoever. Bam had told me earlier that the air conditioning had shut down a few days ago, but it felt hotter than hell right now. I pulled off the baggy shirt I was wearing and decided to sleep in my bra and the shorts I was wearing.

I got up and walked over to the window, pushing it open. The air was still: no birds, no crickets, no breeze at all. It was slightly unnerving, and I felt like I was in some kind of horror movie.

Hoping for a little bit of noise, I laid back down on the bed and started thinking, mostly about Bam and I. Why did I feel so awkward here? When we were alone back in my apartment, everything was different. I was positive that he hadn't even told anyone that we were...well, whatever we were...together, I guess.

"Fuck." I groaned and rolled onto my side, facing the window. I was so lost in thought that I didn't feel someone sit down on my bed until I felt a freezing cold hand on my back.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I screamed, bolting upright and hitting my head against something equally as hard. Whatever I hit suddenly lurched backwards and crashed onto the floor, groaning in pain. I turned on the light next to my bed and saw Bam sprawled out on the floor, clutching his forehead.

"You idiot! Why couldn't you walk in here like a normal person and turn the light on?" I asked, throwing back the blankets and jumping out of bed. I knelt down next to him.

"You know I can't do anything like a normal person." he groaned.

"Well if you had, we both wouldn't have concussions right now." I rubbed my own head.

"What the hell is going on in here?" April stood in the doorway, everyone else gathered behind her.

"Your son almost got knocked out." I answered for Bam.

"Wow Bam, I know you like it rough...but...damn." Novak chuckled. In the faint light that made it into the hallway, I could see him watching me.

"You've got a hard head, you know that?" Bam asked, sitting up and using the bed to stand up.

"I've been told." I laughed, trying to shake the feeling of Novak's eyes on me. It was more disturbing than the lack of noise when I was trying to sleep. I grabbed the shirt off the floor and pulled it on.

"Are you gonna live?" Dunn asked from the hallway.

"I think so." I rubbed my head.

"I might." Bam laughed. They all laughed with him before walking away.

"So can I ask what the hell you're doing creeping into my room in the middle of the night and scaring the shit out of me?" I asked.

"I, uh, wanted to say goodnight." he blushed.

"You couldn't do that like a normal person?" I shook my head, but I couldn't help smiling...or staring. Bam was always a little lanky as a teen, but that definitely hadn't lasted. All that skating and being outside had taken him from lanky to...DAMN!

"Jess." he snapped his fingers in front of my eyes.

"Huh?" I came back to the real world.

"You know, you can take a picture, I hear they last longer." he teased. I blushed and bit my lip.

"Can you blame me? Last time I saw you with your shirt off, it was like a 70 watt light bulb had been turned on." I teased him back before swallowing a yawn. Unnerving silences or not, I needed sleep.

"Well...goodnight." he rubbed the back of his neck self-conciously. I stepped forward and planted a kiss right on his forehead.

"Night." I laughed when his face flushed scarlet. He slipped out the door and I turned the light off.

"Fuck!" he yelled when he tripped over something in the hall. I giggled helplessly and listened to the muffled laughter from the rooms around me. My tiredness suddenly took over, pulling me into sleep.

Just like old times
♠ ♠ ♠
A filler.

Also, I'm having issues picturing Jess right now...I'm stuck between Michelle Trachtenburg [I think I just butchered her name] and Lacey Mosley [Flyleaf!] What do you guys think? Unless I use one of their pictures for Kelsey, because I'm also having trouble picturing Kelsey as Cote de Pablo [NCIS<3].

I'm thinking I could use Michelle as Kelsey and Lacey as Jess? Go to the character page and tell me what you think :D

----

I WENT TO MY FIRST CONCERT ON SUNDAY!
Read on if you want to know about it. I just want to re-live it here...
[[BONZAI 2010!!]]

I got there right as New Politics ended and found some of my friends in the crowd right before Crash Kings went on. Halfway through their first song the rest of my friends found us and we stood there waiting for Sick Puppies.

I don't know if it was the heat or just the people pushing in around us but I got lightheaded and then I couldn't see anything. I guess I kept asking my aunt [I got a ride with her] if I could sit down and then I just sat down in the middle of everyone. But the people around me were great and I guess they were clearing a circle around me and asking for water for me. And my friends were amazing[i/]. They got me out of the crowd so fast and took me to the back bleachers where my friend Rachel's dad had water. We sat down until the Crash Kings ended and went back in for Sick Puppies, which they were amazing.

Once they ended we went back to the bleachers and sat down in the shade while this Ed guy played [nobody cheered for him 0.o] and they did this calendar girls competition. I think we sat there for about an hour, waiting for the rain, which never happened. Cage the Elephant went on next and some of my friends went up to watch while the rest of us stayed back until Hollywood Undead went on.

Oh boy, Hollywood Undead...I have to say that out of every band that played, that was the only time of the day where I feared for my life. There was a pit on either side of us, crowd surfers going by, people pushing and shoving...it was crazy. The entire time I was looking for my friends, and then at the end of Everywhere I Go, I saw my friend Rachel up on someone's shoulders!

So many people left after Hollywood Undead finished so I pushed my way up to my friends to watch Flyleaf with them. We were almost near the front by the time they started playing, but when all the crowd surfers started coming up to the front and people were moving out of the way we pushed past them until we were at the barrier and stayed there for the entire set!

I had a horrible sunburn [[which is still really bad on the back of my neck]] my feet hurt so much, I had crazy tan lines from my bracelets, my ears were ringing and my throat hurt...but I would do it all over again. First concert ever=success<3

[[Oh yeah, my friends and I looked out for each other the entire day. Like when they got me out of the crowd, my friend Amy stayed behind so someone could text her and she could tell my aunt if I was okay or not. And poured/threw water on each other when we were sitting out for the Ed guy and made sure that when we caught a bottle of water from security that it was passed around. We also kept each other from going in the pits or caught each other if we started to fall. I think that as a group, between the 8 of us we went through 16 or 17 bottles of water. I really couldn't ask for better friends :D]]

Okay I'm done.
and I'm going next year.