Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Thirty Four

**Bam**

"Yo! Get up! Where's your woman?" someone yelled before something hard was slammed down on my back.

"Ow! What the fuck!" I rolled over and fell off the bed. I looked up to see Raab and Novak, each holding pieces of a broken chair.

"Jess is gone, dude!" Raab pointed to the hall.

"What do you mean, 'gone'?" I groaned.

"She's not in the house, she's not outside..." Novak shrugged.

"Did you check her room?" I yawned.

"I just said, she's not in the house." Novak repeated.

"You guys are morons. PHIL!" I yelled, walking into the hallway and looking out over the living room.

"Yeah?" he stuck his head in from outside.

"Where's Jess?" I called down.

"She and April went to the farmers market and then to the street fair in town!" he said.

"Why are you still here?" Dunn asked him.

"I'm supposed to wait for you guys and go up with you." he shrugged and bit into a sandwich.

**Jess**

"What about this one?" I paused in front of a floppy white straw hat and tried it on, striking a pose and pouting like a model. With the huge sunglasses I was wearing, I thought I could pass for one.

"Oh I have to get a picture of this." April giggled and pulled out her camera.

"I like it, actually." I admired myself in a mirror on the table inside the cabana thing. April and I were walking around the closed off street, stopping to look at paintings, pictures, jars of foods and jellies, lawn decorations, clothing, and anything else you could possibly find at a street fair.

"You look adorable." April showed me the picture on her camera.

"I'm buying it." I pulled it off of my head and opened the bag I was carrying. Once I paid for it, I put it back on my head and we left to go to another stand.

We had stopped at a jelly stand when I realized that I was thirsty.

"I'm gonna go buy a lemonade. I'll be right back." I told her and made my way back down the street to the lemonade booth.

"Jess! Get me one too, please!" April called back.

"Okay!" I continued walking

"Jess?" I heard someone ask. I turned around, thinking it was Bam, because it sounded like a guy. Instead, I came face to face with a man who had slightly shaggy brown hair and what looked like 5 o'clock shadow. He towered over me by a few inches and was wearing a dark blue t-shirt and light denim jeans.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" I asked, taking a tiny step back in case I needed to run.

"Are you Jessica Walker?" he asked.

"That depends on who wants to know." I took another tiny step back.

"It's me, Chase! Chase Andrews?" he took off the sunglasses he was wearing and I saw those dark brown eyes. The warm summer day suddenly felt cold, and an icy fear tore up my spine. The sun was no longer hot on my skin as goosebumps spread all over my arms and legs.

The last time I saw those eyes, they were glazed over with anger. The last time I heard his voice, he was telling me how he wanted me dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bet you thought you'd never see him again, right?
Oh come on, I need another twist. *grin*
I gotta keep you on the edges of your seats somehow.