Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Thirty Seven

I pulled back into the driveway, where I found Bam waiting for me.

"What's going on?" I asked. I had told Bam that I was leaving my aunt's and was on the way home. Why was he outside?

"Come on." he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the house. Everything was silent, and it was kind of creepy.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"I told them all to leave." he grinned.

"Bam! You can't do that! They live here! Why would you kick them out?" I stopped short on the stairs.

"Not permanently leave! Ape and Phil went to dinner and the guys all went to Duffers." he explained with a roll of his eyes.

"So what are we doing?" I asked, slightly amused by his excited expression. He led me to the room I was staying in and I saw a blue dress lying on the bed.

"Going out." he smiled, closing the door on me. I heard his footsteps going up the hall and another door close. I looked down at the blue dress and realized it was one that I had packed, meaning someone went through my bag. I instantly forgot about the dress and spun around to open my bag. Luckily, the pile containing my shirts wasn't disturbed, because I knew that if someone had found the present that the girls had given me, I would never hear the end of it. But if anyone ever asked, I could lie and say that they had snuck it in.

I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower to relax after everything that happened today. I knew I couldn't stay in long because we had to go, but I needed something to get rid of my stress. And my familiar exfoliating apricot body wash and peach shampoo calmed me down to the point where I was ready to slip into the dress and shock Bam like I had done the night we had all gone out to dinner again.

10 minutes later, my legs were silky smooth against the light fabric of the dress and my hair fell soft, dry, and naturally wavy against my shoulders. I lined my eyes with black liner in a wing effect and gave myself smokey eyes with a touch of light gloss. I put on a pair of earrings and slid into a pair of heels I brought down with me.

"You almost done?" I heard Bam call through the door. I slowly opened it and gave him the flirtiest smile I managed.

"Wow...you look...wow." he could barely form a sentence.

"Where are we going?" I took his hand and led him down the stairs.

"You'll see." he smiled and opened the door for me. We walked outside, the rays of the the sun slanting across us through the trees. He opened the door to his purple lambo and helped me inside.

He seemed to know where he was going as he took the freeway. For once, he actually drove the legal speed limit. He must've known that I would freak out if he went over, because when we were in high school I always yelled at him for going too fast when he got on or in any vehicle he could: bikes, four-wheelers, wagons, go karts...anything he could go fast on.

It wasn't long before the trees thinned out and I saw a stretch of blue. We passed through a tiny, yet active small town with a mini-golf course and even an amusement park right by a huge lake that I couldn't see the other side of.

"An amusement park? Bam I'm so not dressed for an amusement park." I looked at him and tapped my heels against the floor to prove my point.

"We're not going to an amusement park. Just be patient." he laughed.

"Coming from the one who can't wait for anything." I shot back with a smile. We soon pulled up to a restaurant right on the beach.

"I know it's not anything like the places up in the city-" he started to say when he opened the door and I got out. I was hit with the soft breeze that carried the warm air and the smell of the fresh water. The sand was tan with the sun as it started to go down. I could hear the lapping of the waves on the shore and the music coming from inside.

"It's beautiful." I shushed him. His face lit up and we walked to the door hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
my friend amy: "When's it supposed to rain? It's too hot out here!"
me: "It's supposed to rain 20 minutes ago"
amy: "..."