Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Chapter Four

[Jess]

I walked through the front door of Dizzy's Club Coca-Cola, the club that I worked at, and took off my jacket before I walked into the breakroom next to the bar. The club was mostly a jazz club until the dinner rush, then I took over until the club closed for the night.

"You're on soon, Jess." Ashleigh, the manager and co-owner of the club, and one of my longtime friends in the city, tossed my songbook to me.

"What am I starting out with?" I asked.

"Play something pretty, love." a heavily accented voice laughed. I turned around and found myself staring into a pair of green eyes that belonged to the frontman of HIM.

"What the hell?" my mouth dropped open in amazement.

"Just in the neighborhood, looking for somewhere to spend my evening, and some charming young lady told me there was a piano player here with some serious skills. So play something for me, sweetheart." he grinned and my heart pounded in my chest. Blushing slightly, I walked back through the door of the breakroom and sat down on the piano bench. A few people were in the club already, in their fancy evening gowns and tuxedos.

"Alright...I'll play you a song." I smirked up at Ville and began playing the Pokemon theme song. My friends behind the bar started giggling as my fingers flew over the keys. Joey, the bartender, began singing along to the music. Erica, the other bartender, began laughing as well as she cleaned glasses for tonight's guests. The waitresses were peeking out from behind the kitchen doors, and one was even holding it open so the cooks could hear.

What can I say? I was good. After warming up with a few more mindless songs, I began to play my favorite songs for awhile. I usually had freedom with what I could play, as long as it wasnt too overpowering. For my first song, I chose 'Think of Me' from Phantom of the Opera. More people were coming through the door.

"Actually, the charming young lady who told me about this place also told me that a certain skater would be here." Ville sat down beside me on the bench.

"Did she now?" I asked lightly, continuing to play.

"Yes, she did. He's nearby, and she brought it to my attention that you know him." he grinned. I switched over to 'I'm Not that Girl' from Wicked.

"Perhaps." I was trying to concentrate when the door opened, revealing a guy in a purple and black jacket, black pants, and a black beanie. Chloe, one of the waitresses, set a water on a coaster on top of the piano for me.

"Do you know those guys? They keep looking at you. I can get them kicked out, if you want." she whispered.

"No. Let them stay. They're old friends of mine." I replied. She nodded and stepped down from the stage. Ville followed her, vanishing into the crowd so fast that it was almost hard to believe that he had even been here.

[Bam]

We walked up to the bar and sat down on the stools.

"So where's Jess? I don't see her anywhere." Novak sipped his vodka.

"We don't even know what she looks like, idiot." Dunn rolled his eyes.

"Erica? Do you see my songbook back there? Someone wants me to play 'Fine Fine Line' and I want to make sure I have the notes right." a girl came to stand next to me.

"Right here!" the male bartender handed over a book stuffed with papers. The girl reached for it and a bunch of the songs fell out all over the bar and the floor.

"Oh, shit! Sorry! My hands are still soaked from all these glasses." he apologized.

"It's nothing, Joey. Not like it's the first time that's happened." the girl giggled under her breath. I hopped off the stool and picked up some of the papers and handed them to her.

"Thanks." she grinned at me, her chocolate brown eyes staring into mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dunn Dunn Dunn...haha

Dizzy's Club
Jess' outfit