Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Forty Four

**Jess**
Luckily, Bam wasn't calling me. He was texting, which made it easier for me to breathe.

'6 glaze 6 chocolate frosted. apes making pancakes n shit like that' it read. I heaved a sigh of relief and shook my head with a smile before I looked down at the stones again.

"I love you. And I know you're watching me from wherever you are." I whispered. The breeze picked up a little stronger and blew a small flower off of a bush nearby. I watched as it tumbled in the short grass before stopping at my foot.

"I miss you, too." I picked it up and stuck it into the wooden picture frame. Then I stood and walked along the same path I took to get here.

My car was still the only one in the lot as I climbed in and took another deep breath. I rolled down the window and pulled out, not looking back.

"Where the fuck is Dunkin Donuts?" I groaned to myself, looking around as I drove through town. I remembered that there used to be one around here somewhere. I finally found it by a McDonalds and waited almost 15 minutes in the drive-thru while some woman in front of me kept changing her order. Bam called me this time.

"Where are you?" he asked.

"Waiting in the drive-thru for Dunkin Donuts while some lady calls her family to find out what everyone wants. I swear she's on her phone-HANG UP AND ORDER OR GET OUT OF LINE! I'M NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER!" I yelled suddenly.

"What took you so long?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I hoped he hadn't been awake for long. It was only 8:30 right now.

"Ape saw you leave like an hour ago." he asked. Shit.

"I was looking for stuff for the drive home. But I didn't find anything I wanted for snacks and stuff so I'll just find a rest stop every few hours." I lied.

"Alright. Ape's making breakfast. See you soon." he hung up before I could say anything else. I knew by the way he spoke that he knew I was lying about something.

"Great." I sighed as the woman finally drove off to the window and I ordered the 12 donuts.

"Have a good day." The tired teenager at the window said lazily. I tried to say something back, but I couldn't find my voice.

I drove in silence as I tried to figure out what the hell was wrong with me. Bam honestly didn't scare me...much. I guessed he could be scary when he was pissed. But he wouldn't get mad at me, right?

I could only take deep breaths and hope that he wouldn't. Because I knew I would just get angry back. Suddenly, the events of this weekend were closing in on me. All the confusion I felt about Bam, added to seeing...him yesterday morning, plus the slight throbbing of the hangover returning to me, everything I felt in the cemetery...I couldn't juggle everything much longer.

At this point, I just hoped I could hang on until I reached the city.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if it seems short, but this has been a tab on my internet page for the last three days and im sick of looking at it...