Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Chapter Five

[Jess]

He looked the same as in the magazine: very short haircut, small beard/mustache, and those blue eyes.

"Had one too many, Jess?" Chloe mused as she placed an order down on the bar.

"You would know, you give them to me." I looked up at her with a smirk.

"No, Erica would know." she handed me another paper.

"Jess, sit down and have a drink!" Novak whined.

"Sorry, Novacaine, I gotta play the piano." I smiled and turned on my heel, walking back to the piano.

"You're playing something other than the piano, Jess." Chloe stopped by a table to set down a drink.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I grinned like the Cheshire cat before sitting down.

[Bam]

"Whoa. She's either really dedicated to playing the piano or she just blew us off." Dico observed.

"A little of both, actually." a female voice purred from behind us. We turned and saw a familar girl standing there in a slightly revealing outfit, grinning at us.

"Kelsey!" Raab exclaimed. She threw her arms around us and then hopped up on the empty barstool next to me.

"Whats up with JJ?" I asked.

"I'm not gonna lie, we were a little miffed that when you guys all left us, nobody ever sent a letter or called. And then after we don't hear from you in so long, you, Bam, finally try to contact her using the TV. That's why, instead of calling you, we got in touch with April." she informed us after taking a sip of a bright pink margarita.

"What the hell is that?" Novak asked, pointing at the glass.

"Watermelon margarita." she grinned.

"I didnt think you were the type to drink." Dunn observed.

"Well, you know. Places do get lonely after awhile. We all need to pick a poison." Jess came to stand in between Kelsey and myself. The female bartender passed her a red margarita.

"What flavor is that?" I asked her.

"Cherry Twist." she took a sip.

"What do you mean by 'places get lonely'?" Raab asked.

"Town got quite lonely after you guys left." Jess shrugged.

"You started drinking?" I felt my eyes widen.