Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Fifty One

**Bam**

"Yo, Lifepartner! What the hell is the dog chewing on?" Novak yelled from the pirate bar.

"I don't know! What does it look like?" I yelled and set down the pool stick as Dunn sunk his last ball in. I heard growling and whining and swearing as Novak finally wrestled whatever it was from the dog.

"It looks like a pair of lacy black shorts with...little red ribbons? Who the hell does this belong to?" he came up the stairs twirling the shorts around his finger. There was a tiny hole in the side.

"I don't know. He was chewing on a lacy top earlier with a little red ribbon on it. It's gotta be an outfit or something.

"Well I haven't had a girl here in awhile..." he trailed off.

"The only girl that's been here is...no, you don't think..." my jaw dropped.

"HA!" he suddenly laughed in realization.

"I'm calling her." I dug my phone out of my jeans and dialed her number.

"Hello?" Kelsey's voice answered.

"Hey, where's Jess?" I asked. Novak was basically examining the shorts.

"Getting ready to go out, didn't she tell you that earlier?" she asked.

"I guess she did," I remembered. "I just wanted to ask Jess if she left something behind when she left today." I tried to think of how I could start this conversation.

"Bam wants to know if you left anything behind when you left today." Kelsey muffled the phone and waited for the muffled reply.

"She says she left her silver heels in the lambo." she said a few moments later.

"Yeah...I forgot to bring them in last night I guess." I replied. "But we want to know if she left anything else." I pressed

"Yo babe! Did Jess leave a lacy black top with little red ribbons and matching shorts?" Novak took the phone and put it on speaker.

"Jess! You don't have to look for your nightie anymore! Novak found it!" Kelsey yelled. We heard loud swearing coming from the other end and someone running down a hall. Novak's jaw dropped and he started laughing.

"What the hell is going on?" Jess asked breathlessly.

"You don't have to look for your nightie anymore. Bam found-" she was cut off as Jess swore and the phone disconnected.

*
Jess proceeded to hit Kelsey with a pillow that had fallen to the floor earlier.

"Why are you hitting me?!" Kelsey put her hands up to defend herself.

"You didn't have to yell out that it was mine! God, did you hear Novak in the background? Why did I bring it down with me?" she groaned and flopped down onto the couch.

"Oh please. Like Bam would let Novak get away with laughing at you. Besides, I bet he's kicking himself for not letting you share his room." Kelsey rolled her eyes. "Now come on and finish getting ready. We have to meet them in half an hour." she pushed Jess' shoulder.

*
**Bam**
Novak was still laughing as he clutched the shorts like he was a drowning man and they were a lifejacket or something.

"What kinda romantic night did she have in mind? Don't worry, I bet she's got a whole dresser full of these!" he said through his laughter.

"You gonna let him make fun of your girlfriend like that?" Dunn asked, always the instigator as he leaned back on the pool table. I looked at Novak as he rolled around on the floor, waiting for the right moment.

I waited until he held the shorts in the air to look at them again before I lunged and started hitting and trying to wrestle the shorts out of his grip.

"Ow! OW! Yo! Ow!" he kept yelling. I finally managed to loosen his grip and grabbed the shorts, running down the stairs to the pirate bar.

"No!" he yelled when I ran over to the fireplace and struck a match.

"What do you mean, 'no'? You think I'm gonna throw them away so you can get them later? Fuck no! You don't have any use for them!" I threw the match in the fireplace and threw the shorts in. I figured Jess wouldn't mind if she knew that it was either let Novak...I didn't even want to think about what he would do with them...or burn them.

Besides, I'm sure I could buy her something better.