Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Fifty Three

*Three days before Erica's wedding*

"Call me when you get to her apartment." April instructed Bam as he tossed his bag into the backseat of his black Mercedes. He was leaving at night, 11:30 precisely, to be exact, so he could get to Jess' apartment long after she had come home from the club with the rest of the girls from the bridal party.

"Well what're we supposed to do while you're gone?" Dico asked, chugging the remains of his beer before tossing the can over his shoulder. It hit Novak in the side of the head and he ran forward and shoved Dico into a bush.

"Do what you do best: drink on someone else's tab and try to stay out of jail!" he yelled out the car window as he sped off down the driveway.

"So...drink on your tab?" Dunn shouted after the car. Everyone laughed when they heard Bam honking the horn.

"I guess that's a yes. Who's up for Duffer's?" Raab called out. April waved her hands as if to shoo them away while she walked back into the house.

*
12:45

"I love you guys." Erica wiped her eyes as she, Jess, Chloe, Kelsey, Ashley, her mom, and Aaron's mom left the club.

"We love you too!" they all group hugged. They were more sober than tipsy, but the flashing lights and pounding bass of the music inside, the throng of people all dancing together, and the giddy euphoria of a night on the town had them pumped with excitement.

But as soon as they were out in the night air, which was a few degrees cooler than the heat inside, they were beginning to calm down and realize how late it was, and they hit the wall of exhaustion.

"I think we should go home. We'll need our strength to party it up at the wedding." Chloe yawned.

"Yeah, maybe." Jess stretched her arms over her head, noticing a few guys stare at her as they walked by.

"You naughty girl. You know you're taken." Kelsey poked her in the side.

"How long until he gets here, anyway?" Ashleigh asked.

"Soon, I hope. He left his house at like, 11." Jess smiled. She had gone down to visit him last weekend and couldn't wait to see him again.

"Well, shall we demonstrate how we catch cabs?" Erica asked coyly.

"Cash Cab? I don't see the Cash Cab." Erica's mom said. She and Aaron's mom had gotten slightly more tipsy than the girls.

"No, mom. catch a cab." Erica giggled.

"So get out there, Ms. Bachelorette." Kelsey raised her eyebrows. Erica straightened her shoulders and walked into the row of parallel parked cars. She waved her hand and a cab immediately stopped.

"Pile in!" she opened the door.

"We're not all gonna fit. I'll catch a cab with Ashleigh since she lives nearby." Jess shook her head and stepped back up on the curb with Ashleigh nodding in agreement.

"Trish and I are going back to the hotel anyway. Get some rest, sweetie." her mom kissed her cheek and proceeded to hail another cab for her and Aaron's mom.

"Looks like its just us then." Erica waved Kelsey and Chloe into the cab.

"See you tomorrow!" they all called to each other before their cabs departed.

*

"See you later." Ashleigh hugged Jess outside the door to her apartment building.

"I'll call you guys in the morning or something." Jess promised.

"Yeah...I guess you'll be busy tonight." Ashleigh winked.

"Oh shut up." Jess laughed.

"Is he sleeping on the couch or are you sharing a bed?" Ashleigh smirked.

"Honestly, I don't know. Probably whatever he feels like sleeping on." Jess shrugged.

"I don't think you'll be sleeping." Ashleigh grinned.

"Don't you have an apartment to get to?" Jess teased.

"Yeah...I probably should get going." Ashleigh teased back before the two girls said goodnight to each other and they separated.
♠ ♠ ♠
so many updates coming up right now! hold onto your hats!