Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Chapter Six

[Jess]

"Of course not! After you guys left, we still hung out at Josh's in town. He gave us virgin margaritas every Friday. When I turned 20 we started making our own and adding the alcohol." I shrugged.

"Where did you get the alcohol?" Bam asked.

"Bam, this is New York City. Fake I.D.s" I rolled my eyes and took another sip of the sweetly sour drink.

"Then at 21 we started going clubbing." Kelsey smiled.

"I remember that. You got a bit tipsy that night." Chloe giggled at the memory.

"Better than wasted like Erica here." I flicked a drop of water at the blushing bartender.

"Damn, JJ, you grew up fast." Dunn sighed.

"I had to. Once I finished college I had to get a job to buy an apartment. I ended up here in the city with Kelsey and managed to land this job when I turned 20. Nothing pays for itself anymore. And I cant run amuck in the town and get paid for it like certain people." I raised my eyebrows at Bam.

"Jess, you're back on!" the manager, Ashleigh, passed me on her way to the back room.

"Whoops! Someone watch my margarita and if any of you drink it-Kelsey-I'll hurt you." I warned before I turned and walked back up to the stage and the piano.

[Bam]

"Geez. Touchy." I scoffed.

"Bam she definitely isn't the same girl you last saw her as. I said we may have been miffed, but I didnt say we were over it. Why do you think Jess left all of her memories in your basement?" Kelsey gestured to the scrapbook I had concealed in my jacket.

"Good eyes." Dico observed.

"I just thought she left them for storage." I admitted.

"She left them because of what was in them. Memories that reminded her that we would probably never see you guys again. It's a bit of a shocker that you would show it on national TV and tell her to call you. That pissed her off a little, since you made it sound like it was her job to call you." Kelsey swished her drink around in her glass. I stared into the flickering candle on the bar.

Suddenly, Kelsey leaned forward and blew the candle out.

"To Jess, thats what you guys were like. A candle blown out, with nothing left but a wisp of smoke." she looked at the candle.

"What about that last glowing part?" Dico asked.

"Her hope as it slowly faded." she said seriously, before she drained the rest of the drink, said goodnight, waved to Jess, and walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter one: 16 readers. chapter five: 7 readers? am i losing all of you as the story goes on?