Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Sixty Four

Jess and Bam had returned to Jess’ apartment around midnight. After all, Bam had a long drive today. He was actually up before Jess at eleven, getting all of his things together and making sure he didn’t forget anything.

He finally decided on invitng April and Phil, and considered calling up Knoxville or maybe Frantz.

He quietly crept down the hallway and slowly opened the door to Jess’ room, as he had slept on the couch last night.

When he opened the door, she rolled over and stretched her arms above her head, giving him a sleepy smile. The sun was shining brightly through her window, falling in a slant across her bed.

“Morning.” he laid down on his stomach right next to her.

“What time is it?” she yawned.

“Almost noon. I should probably get going soon, though.” he added, noticing her frown.

“I don’t want to go, either. But you have to go get pretty for tomorrow. Not that you need anything extra done.” he smiled.

“Did you get that from a Hallmark card?” she teased as the faintest of blushes crossed her cheeks.

“That hurts my feelings.” he pretended to pout, sticking out his lower lip while he looked down at the blankets. But it didn’t last as he heard Jess giggle.

“It’s not funny!” he went even further. But he was smiling too.

“What am I going to do with you?” she rolled her eyes.

“Ape’s been asking herself that for the last twenty years. I don’t think she has an answer, but when she does, I’m sure she can call you.” he shot back teasingly. “What time is your dress fitting?” he askd when they had calmed down.

“One, then I’m meeting the girls for lunch. Which means I should probably start getting up.” she sat up and pulled her hair back from her face as she looked around the room and sighed.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Nothing. I just don’t want to get up.” she stretched. Bam could see in her face that that wasn’t the reason, but he didn’t want to push it.

“What time does the wedding start tomorrow?” Bam asked, to change the subject as Jess led the way down the hall.

“It’s up to you and whoever you’re bringing if you want to come to the ceremony, but the ceremony starts at two and the reception starts at four, four thirty.” she explained.

“Two hours for a ceremony?” Bam’s jaw dropped.

“No!” Jess laughed at his shocked expression. “The ceremony’s only going to be a half hour at the most, but then there’s the receiving line, and the pictures are being taken at the Conservatory Garden, which is pretty much on the other side of Central Park from the Boathouse.” she explained.

“Oh. So what are you doing tonight?” he asked.

“After my dress fitting, I’m going out with the girls for lunch and then we’re headed to the spa at the hotel. I think the rehearsal is around seven.” she said. “Have you thought about who you were bringing?”

“Ape and Phil, because I know they’re dying to see you and Kelsey. I can’t think of a third person to invite, so it might be just them, but now I feel bad because there’s still one empty seat that’s already been paid for.” he shook his head.

“Don’t worry about it. I think she’ll be happy that she didn’t lose all that money on three empty places.” Jess assured him.

“I’m sure Phil could eat enough for himself and the other person.” Bam grinned.

“Bam! That’s so mean!” Jess laughed. But knowing she couldn’t keep him here much longer, she slipped on her flip flops and opened the door to walk him out.

When he had made sure that he didn’t leave anything behind, Bam picked up his bag and grabbed his keys before he and Jess left for the parking garage.

They were quiet in the elevator and as they walked down the back hallway that led to the parking garage right next to the apartment building.

“I didn’t know this was here.” Bam said as he looked at the pictures that line the walls in the hallway.. They were of different holidays and celebrations that had taken place in the building.

“I usually never come this way, but it’s actually quicker and the best way to take if the weather’s crappy.” Jess explained. “Or if you want to avoid paparazzi.” she added.

“I see your point.” Bam nodded. They fell into silence again as they walked to his car. Jess leaned against the back door as he threw his bag into the trunk and slammed it shut.

“It’s only for tonight.” he said when he noticed that she wasn’t smiling anymore.

“I know.” she sighed.

“You’re staying in the hotel with the girls, right?” he asked.

“Yeah, we got a huge suite, and I hear there’s going to be a brawl to see who’s sleeping in which bed.” she smiled a little.

“AKA you and Kelsey fighting over a bed.” he teased.

“How did you know?” she asked, dying to keep him here a little longer.

“Because you two used to do that at my house.” he grinned. “I can’t wait to see what your dress looks like.” he added, changing the subject.

“I think you’ll like it.” she nodded.

“I know I will.” he stepped closer to her.

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.” she sighed.

“Just imagine me there tonight.” he leaned down to kiss her and she met his lips as she remembered the phone message.

And as they kissed goodbye next to his car, neither of them noticed a flash from the other row of cars.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...I have no idea as to what I should put in the next chapter...with everything about talking to the police and filing for a restraining order...help? I'm already starting to write the wedding chapters, so the faster I can get something into Chapter 65, I can update normally. Thanks :]